Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

Airdrops time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Azizurrahmanpappu, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Sub80

Sub80 Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Hi yasinrobin

As per my above post - I do not believe there is any airdrops.
    Sawon123 likes this.
  2. yasinrobin

yasinrobin Quarker

Sorry..
    Sawon123 likes this.
  3. Sub80

No apology needed yasinrobin. We are all here to help one another and the Quark project as best we can :)
    Sawon123 likes this.
  4. Sub80

Case in point regarding posts that I feel offer nothing to the community:
    https://www.quarktalk.cc/threads/testoxr-http-www-malemuscleshop-com-testoxr.3024/
    that if the Airdrop was happening and the rewards were based solely on the quantity of posts as opposed to quality of posts then this post would be getting Quarks for posting spam! Grrr

Quote of the message (not links) as I hope this post by TestoXR gets removed and my URL link provided above leads to nothing:
    "TestoXR A combination of the right foods and supplements makes a significant difference on the outward look of the body. Association of the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a regulation that is not the same on food supplements and for medicines."
    Sawon123 likes this.
  5. Darcy

Darcy Quarker

I am relatively new to this forum, so I was also a little confused about the Quark balance that was accruing on the right hand side of our page too. I think it gives the impression that you are earning physical quark as you comment and accrue likes. From Sub80's explanation above, it seems (if I understand it correctly) that you are not awarded actual Quarks for comments you make, but instead it is a form of 'credit'. Whether these credits will be transferred into actual Quarks that you can transfer to your own wallet will depend upon the quality of your posts, which is a discretionary decision.

I think it's right that just making comments such as "that's great" to someones post doesn't and shouldn't earn you quarks. I suppose a community needs individuals who believe in the project and not just looking for 'free stuff'. I am not trying to be righteous, but I would be happy to transfer any quarks I earn back into the project. I'm not sure if Quarks are being award for quality of posts, where these are coming form, maybe someone could let me know? I can also see a number of posts recently that are advertising things that have nothing to do with Quark -(medicines?) not sure how that is helping the project? Anyway, if we all get behind the project for the right reason I think rewards will come later.

I do have some questions about Quark - maybe sub80 or ace may be able to help me out here. I know Quark had some issues back in 2014 with a pump and dump and there was a lot of doubt around the 250+ million coins that were initially mined, the majority held by the developer/s of quark. The belief was that Bill Still(quite famous reporter) and others were used to pump this coin and then those with the majority of Quarks sold and the price plummeted, leaving the average holder with a massive loss. Since then this coin has been seen by many as a scam coin. I know we need to move on from that and improve its image etc, but this still may be an issue. There are many more coins/tokens that now exist since 2014, some doing better than Quark, but maybe not as good.

What is it about Quark that is different, that is more useful than other coins. What special purpose would this coin offer? I appreciate that sub80, ace and maybe others are working hard on development - thank you!. More support with programming and marketing would be great.
  6. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Ok, I am short on time this morning... but I will try to cover as much as as I can. If i have to leave, I will edit my answer, post it, and finish it later.

I had same questions as you regarding point system, i've been trying to find easy way to pin this info to the top, but in the scheme of the overall project, it should not be what is most important. I did not anticipate a flood of hundreds of people who immidiately want their pay out. It was my mistake in not thinking regarding how lost in translation and massive numbers situations may come up. I am sorry about that. That is my fault.

Second. spam posts... when you see them, they do not last long. I clean them up, delete them, and ban spammer every time I see them. They sneak in through the weeds sometimes ya know? I do miss them sometimes, if you see one lasting too long, report it, i will get an email, I will stop what I am doing when I can, I work a lot away from this cpu to support my family and kids, but I will clean up site and ban spammer when I have time.

Now history on the coin. I'm from mid year 2017, so what happened in the past I considered as well. What I found is, it doesn't matter in 2018. The coin is so cheap and I just need to make my own decisions. What matters is, if people realize, that it does way more transactions than most "popular" coins per second, little to no fees (which means all those bitcoin people would lose making millions and millions in fees) pos/pow hybrid gives more security, and masternodes are about to be here.

Now. lets cover scam coin. Have I, or anyone, asked you to buy in to this fantastic coin, or have we simply said have great ideas and help the community if you can? This project is currently being developed by the community in as decentralized a manner as can be. You can have input and help in any way. They have been kind and welcoming to every single person that I have seen come around. It's astonishing really. And if you consider that the price was down to next to nothing, I could have been a huge player. Man... I wish I had some discretionary....... spilled milk....

So in closing, so as to whats different, 6 confirmations speed destroys many many coins, handling up to 200 transactions per second, destroying all the big players, its fees are so minute, ridiculously small, in comparison, and so cheap you could buy many and not lose any ounce of sleep over. And not feel like you got drubbed every time you use the coin in fees.

There is another thing that is different.... Me. @Sub80, @Yagami, @nuttynoah , and so many more I'm leaving out.... plus... maybe.. you. @Darcy

I believe in this coin because with nothing else added it already kicks the tail of so many coins. At this price, I will happily risk it. IF ONE WHALE SEES THAT HE /SHE IS SPENDING SO MUCH ON FEES AND SEES WHAT HE/SHE COULD SAVE USING THIS COIN. I don't know how high this could go.

Ace.
    Sawon123, nuttynoah, Sub80 and 4 others like this.
  7. Darcy

Darcy Quarker

Thank you for that detailed reply Ace, that's covered my questions/concerns and hopefully clears it up for others who have similar questions. and also thank you Ace for all the work you put in, it can't be easy with family commitments etc. You've just spelt out why this coin has such great potential - really encouraging.
    Sawon123, nuttynoah, Sub80 and 3 others like this.
  8. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

Right on Ace. I've been a quarker since nov. 2013. I'm glad to see new people showing up to the party finally.
    Sawon123, nuttynoah, Sub80 and 3 others like this.
  9. Rusty_1993

Rusty_1993 Quarker

I bought my first Quark in January 2014, man how time flies! Just wanted to say that reading these posts puts a huge smile on my face. This community has gone through so much, been shredded apart, but it keeps going.. And as far as im concerned, the best is definitely yet to come!

Good luck everyone and keep up the hard work, great post ACE!!
  10. Manbearpigson

Manbearpigson Quarker

you're right it's a fact, QRK has all the benefits that users are looking for: fast, secure, no fee (or almost).........
    The work of the new team will convince the most skeptical.
    I believe in Quark future
  11. Yagami

Yagami Quarker

1. The POW/POS hybrid model and the upcoming masternode will permanently help the quark build a good long-term ecology.
    2.Quark has many imitators(the third most.), and quark has a market cap of more than 400. This is extremely incongruous. If the exchange can open the quark transaction as soon as possible, it will bring huge value to the platform users.
    3.Quark once entered the top five in market cap, and has gained a lot of attention in the 30-second block recognition speed, so it has huge potential supporters.
  12. Sub80

Hi All.

I hope you are well and having a good weekend (hopefully you are spending all day looking at electronic devices - lol).

I will try* and be brief in my points - but anyone who does not want to read my post in full, the key point of posting today is that all the last few comments today confirm to me that Quark is heading in the right direction. On one side of the membership spectrum, we have newer members that are inquisitive and asking questions (some of which can potentially be used for updated/new a FAQ page) - and they are doing so in a polite manner with what appears to be a genuine desire for knowledge. And on the other end of the spectrum, older members are trying to help these newer members (and one another) in answering questions, and generally promoting all the virtues of brand Quark. The combined effect of which is a greater shared knowledge and awareness of what Quark is, what it offers, and what its future direction and growth potential is.

@Darcy - "From Sub80's explanation above, it seems (if I understand it correctly) that you are not awarded actual Quarks for comments you make, but instead it is a form of 'credit'. Whether these credits will be transferred into actual Quarks that you can transfer to your own wallet will depend upon the quality of your posts, which is a discretionary decision."
    I must apologies, I appear to have not made myself as clear as I hoped - your understanding of what I wrote is slightly wrong, in the sense it is not what I meant! If you change the quoted statements directly above's "will" to "would have" then that represents what I meant. The above is how things I believe used to happen in the past, for a brief amount of time - and this is not how things happen now. The fact that the 'credit' values still show can admittedly be a bit confusing - but I view them now as a measure of written posts/contributions made to the forum (quantity/activity not necessarily quality - but hopefully quality also).

Additionally - yes there have been many battles and much fud about Quark in the past. Such fud had admittedly hurt and held Quark back in the past few years. However, I have a few additional points/personal observations I'd like to make:
    • Whilst such allegations and dirty politics in the past have slowed Quarks progress, it has not killed the project, community or belief for many that Quark is a genuinely great product.
    • If you (generic 'you' - not you specifically Darcy) are someone who bases your opinion on what others say about someone else, instead of looking into things for yourself and looking into what is the motivation behind other people attempt to discredit another person - then in most likelihood you will miss out on great opportunities in life (and cryptocurrencies, in general, are prime examples of great opportunities).
    • When it comes to cryptocurrencies, and most businesses - do perform your own due diligence - and if an opportunity arises, don't procrastinate - do something! When I bought into Quark it was when Quark was in the top 5 of CoinMarketCap and prices were high. I could have been bitter and spread fud about Quark when prices fell, but I know it would be a wrong to spread such fud. I knew that, when I invested, my investments could go down as well as up. For me, the reason why I invested had not changed. Quark as a product was, and still is, a fantastic product (admittedly I do feel we do now need to get a new mobile wallet for people to download) and has more features now then it did when I bought my Quark. I invested for the long term - yes I want a return on my investments, but I do not demand that I must have it (I understand risk/reward), nor do I demand these returns must be made now or in the short term. Just like if I bought Gold bullion one day and the next day it dropped in price by 20% - I do not demand that Gold should be going up in price. The Gold is the same, just the markets are less favourable for profit. I could sell now and accept a loss (and spread fud - saying how Gold is not a genuine metal, or my bullion was inferior in some way) or I could hold and hope the market conditions and the value people place in gold increases due to let's say it being needed in a new electronic device for enhancing performance, or in a new designer handbag for ladies (thus increasing demand and therefore price). [Additionally, I could make a product using Gold or actually promote Gold's virtues - thus bringing more attention to it and hopefully increases its price.]
    • Please do question what motivates others to spend their time promoting fud about others (people and projects) instead of concentrating on how to make things better for things and projects they say they believe in.
    • In my opinion, the main thing holding Quark back currently is brand awareness - which as I mentioned was damaged by the fud spread by those trying to take control of it. Once the masses understand the benefits of Quark, they will see its potential - and those investing for the medium to long term will make allowances for the immediate roadblocks/things that need to be worked on - because they believe in the product, its development team, and its community.

@AceNOLA - Great post. What I especially like is that you mentioned the importance of community members as being something that makes Quark great. Yes, Quark does have some fantastic technical things going for it (which you and @Yagami also mentioned), and has a talented development team, but for many people who are not programmers or super technical (i.e. me) but are just trying to be helpful - it is gratifying to know that our small contributions are also viewed as something that has a positive value to Quark. Hopefully others, like us non-programmers, can view this as a sign of encouragement to identify ways in which they can contribute. I see cryptocurrencies being born and surviving out of necessity and technological advancements - but they thrive due to social networking, community contribution and adoption.

Regards
    Sub80
    *I've come to the realisation that 9 times out of 10 I fail to be brief, but I do keep trying.

PS - I am not** on the Quark development team (not a programmer and would not know where to start). I'm just a supporter/keyboard warrior (with some business analysis and creative skills but no spare time!) and a long-term/4 year crypto investor trying to help as best I can.

** edit "not" on the development team! [Of all the things to make a typo/omission on!]

PPS - High Five! @Rusty_1993 and @dragonwarrier12 - we all invested/heard of Quark around the same time!
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  13. Darcy

Darcy Quarker

Excellent post sub80 - thank you, that makes things a little clearer still!
    AceNOLA likes this.