Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

and why not create shopping platforms for merchants ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by bleex, Sep 9, 2014.

1. bleex

bleex Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

For merchants without an online shopping platform we could create one for them with worpress + e-commerce plugin + coinpayments plugin (with quark as currency)

We could propose with service for free and the merchant should use only quark
  2. allpurpose

allpurpose Quarker

Why not try to add quark support to OpenBazaar? It will be easier and more powerful IMHO.
  3. bleex

I believe we must develop services using only quarkcoin...
    if openbazaar team accepts quark, so they will accept the other altcoins, no ?
  4. MacDuro

MacDuro Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Hi think that pintatelas owner can create +1000 virtual shops using his resources (I mean provide host and tools to create the web and add usual payment methods) . Anyway the problem nowadays is not to have space to put your products on an online store , the problem is atrack customers , have visibility for your product and convince They that buy using Quark is better tha use FIAT ... and also we still have one problem , you can't buy Quarks in an easy way ... this can be done and it's a good idea , but before we need a strong community of Quark users to atrack marchants and also offer tools for easy payments .
    DeMeDeu, Delia666 and gonsi0 like this.
  5. bleex

thanks for your interesting answer
    there are shops using bitcoin only, and bitcoin is not easier to buy that quark...
    for my part I'm trying to build a renting website only using quark but I still I have some problems with coinpayment for automatic withdrawal...
  6. MacDuro

Are you triying to create your own automatic payment tool for Quark using coinpayment ?
  7. bleex

not me, someone is trying to make it for me...
    the site could work ritght now but without "automatic" deposit and withdraw from site
    Abell and MacDuro like this.
  8. DeMeDeu

DeMeDeu Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

This is the point. Maybe there are alot of users that might want to buy quarks but it is kinda difficult. EUR to BTC to QRK and backwards. Alot of processes. If an easy EUR -> QRK and QRK -> EUR would be possible I am sure that users will start to appear.
  9. MacDuro

We need automatic deposit an

Can you explain more about that ? , we are going to need a payment tool for the Game Bundle that we are going to launch and I don't underst much about technical thing involving cryptos .
  10. bleex

the renting website works with a wallet (just on sql base, not real crypto....)
    my first idea was to deposit or withdraw manually on user's wallet (for example, you send me 1000 quarks and I credit your online wallet, and you can rent an item from other user) , but it will demand me too much time or maybe make restrictions (for example one withdraw max per week)
    So I asked someone else to work with coinpayment but I dont know if it will work, if it's not possible I will use my first idea....

for your game, it's an application ?
    MacDuro and MasterQ like this.
  11. MacDuro

It's not for a game , it's for a store , we are to run a promotion selling a Game Bundle and we need to setup a store using Quark (and FIAT probably) , but first we need a payment tool , we have to be able to receive the payment in Qrk , confirm the payment a send the code for the games included on the bundle , all this automated in just 1 min .

http://quarktalk.cc/threads/searching-project-leader-s-steam-gamers-quark-project.128/
  12. bleex

MacDuro likes this.
  13. QuarkCheck

QuarkCheck Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Even though we are still at early stage, but in genral I think merchant adoption is right direciton..