Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

Bitcoin has a rival

Discussion in 'Bitcoin' started by AceNOLA, Jun 13, 2017.

1. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

2. w924

w924 Quarker

What about what Quark has done in the past couple of days? Cant believe what I have been seeing on www.coinmarketcap.com. It has gained hugely on bitcoin at a time when everything else was crashing and is still gaining today while bitcoin rehains support. amazing!

What is going on? Anyone know?
    Cheers
    Steve
    AceNOLA likes this.
  3. AceNOLA

Ok, so Quark has becoming easier in China to buy, with Chinese currency (RMB) errr... or is about to. Certainly has raised the ceiling for Quark. This very well could be the start of a new day. Stay positive.... MOVE FORWARD

Ace.
  4. w924

w924 Quarker

Hi Ace, well its certainly looking positive at the moment. 124% gain on bitcoin this week amd up to number 87 pn coinmarketcap.com. Over 5c at the moment as I write this. What a pleasant surprise!
    AceNOLA likes this.
  5. AceNOLA

It is hitting truly new hights in years! Keep up the good work!!!
    w924 likes this.
  6. w924

w924 Quarker

Well 24 hrs is a long tome in cryptos..Quark now 8 c as i write this...This is amazing growth for a coin that has been asleep for years. is China the real reason for this? Something is certainly going on. quark remains one of the best performers against bitcoin all week. I wonder how mony other old quarkers know about this? Anyone seen anything on the internet?
  7. nuttynoah

nuttynoah Quarker

New development behind the scenes at present is pushing this but the word is out.
    Rusty_1993 and w924 like this.
  8. w924

w924 Quarker

Nuttynoah, thanks for this...i guess maybe you are suggesting hanging on to these....
  9. Rusty_1993

Rusty_1993 Quarker

By new development are we talking POW/POS or am I missing something else?
    w924 likes this.
  10. nuttynoah

nuttynoah Quarker

As a start it's the update to POW/POS.
    After that we'll see.
    Stay an active member here and join the slack, we're starting to build the Quark redux community.
    There are a few cobwebs yet to clear away from the initial years but also lots to build upon.
    w924 and AceNOLA like this.