Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

crypto cards

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by nemetato, Feb 10, 2015.

1. nemetato

nemetato Quarker

Crypto scratch cards.

It could be a a good way to facilitate the adoption of quark, i can see myself offering quark cards as birthday gifts!
    Physically holding quark in your wallet that you could use to make payments on physicall merchants sounds like a good idea to me.
    What's your opinion on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8IBbirbO_jw
  2. nemetato

nemetato Quarker

3. nuttynoah

nuttynoah Quarker

I like this idea.
    Sterlingcoin have done this recently. Potential collectors items if nothing else.
  4. Abiky

Abiky Quarker

Physical Prypto Cards with Quark would be clever but I think that Quark needs more promoting (no hard feelings) and more users into it to become a success. I like it and if it becomes available, I'll buy a bunch of them to share with friends and help spread awareness of Quark.
  5. DeMeDeu

DeMeDeu Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Well that's a good thought. I have been absent for a lot of time on the website but I never gave up with Quark. We all say that quark needs promoting but only a few share their thoughts. C'mon people just tell the rest what to do and by unity we may get quark back on the line. By the way, the scratch cards is a good idea but we need someone to spare some quarks and someone to distribute the cards. But how do we know that the guy who handle the quarks is responsible and really shares the quarks, well that's the question. Kinda need 2 thrustfull persons and here is the dilemma. We should organise a poll with a few guys who are willing to handle the responsibility. The public opinion will speak. Well at least that is my idea.
  6. p3ppymon

p3ppymon Quarker

Curious card is doing something related to this.
    Interesting project imho.
  7. nightshadeNOLA

nightshadeNOLA Quarker

I haven't looked into the technical and security side of this, but from a marketing perspective its a great idea! Having something tangible (paper aside), lets people conceptualize the currency a bit more. Also, its a great opportunity to proselytize a bit and try to bring new members to the community.
    AceNOLA likes this.
  8. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Dang man! This is the kind of conversations that I have been trying to get going! Proud to have brought you on board. Thanks for the thoughts and keep em coming!!!
  9. nightshadeNOLA

nightshadeNOLA Quarker

I think of all of the business cards I've received, then lost or thrown away. Apply an actual value to your cards, and people will hold on to them for sure! Perhaps a simple URL w/ reference code on it to a sticky thread about how to get started, and a reward for both the person who it references as well as the new QRK user who checks it out?
    AceNOLA likes this.
  10. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

The business card this is a very interesting idea. Imagine everytime you give a business card out, it had a Quark on it. Man, I gotta think about this... Only problem I see, is how many Quark might get burned in the process... need more time to wrap my head around this.

Ace.
  11. nightshadeNOLA

nightshadeNOLA Quarker

I didn't consider assigning actual QRK to a card. More along the lines of referring them to the site which would then dispense a "welcome" QRK like it does now, but also reward the person who referred them. That way the QRK is still contained on the site and not in a private wallet potentially burning the coin.
    I supposed after x amount of time that initial amount could revert back into the site, since it never left.
    nuttynoah and AceNOLA like this.