Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

Crypto Portfolio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doddy, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Doddy

Doddy Quarker

Hi guys, I got into cryptos a year ago and started buying Quark when I heard about it on the Keiser report due to the large number of benefits they said it has over bitcoin. I'm not too fussed about prices because I don't see it as an investment as such - I want to use these currencies as money one day!!! I'm aware of the benefits and pitfalls of some of the main coins but I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket with Quark - I have enough now. So, I'm slowly building up some bitcoin but is there any point? Should I forget bitcoin and buy more Quark while the price is low? Are there any other coins out there which are worth having at least a few of?
    I've heard it's a good idea to build up a bit of a portfolio of several different types of coins as they offer different things, i.e. speed, anonymity etc... I'd like to know what other coins you guys have got and why you chose to get them.
  2. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

yep, I think bitcoin still has alot of potential, only when you think of how much money has been put into it. However Quark has alot of advantages over Bitcoin and if a major investor or more will start to see these advantages they will move the price up alot. We never know whats going to happen but my advice is buy more bitcoins, buy more quarks and put real value into the coins you are invested in, don't treat them just as investments. Try to use them in your daily purchases and ask merchants to accept them.
  3. digitalindustry

digitalindustry Quarker

Keep careful out there ! a lot of crypto is bribe pump and dump scams . Keep to what you understand and to me that's quark and some other select up and coming crypto
    Radioboys likes this.
  4. Ned_Braden

Ned_Braden Quarker

Adoptions matters far more than a whale.
  5. Ned_Braden

Ned_Braden Quarker

I hold 5 different currencies now, each for a different reason. I have a middling amount of Quark, because though there are many solid reasons to hold it, it's not being adopted by anyone, it's too tightly controlled and it's public face is the worst public face to any currency outside of the Zimbabwean dollar.
    HonorFace likes this.
  6. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

Yes of course it does, but if an investor does for Quark what Patrick Byrne did for Bitcoin, you will see the adoption pick up pretty quickly. That was my poin, that Quark offers alot more benefits and once it starts getting noticed by some big investors which in turn accept them on their business or provide other marketing for it, then you will see how Quark price will also start moving up.
  7. Ned_Braden

Ned_Braden Quarker

Interesting. I wonder what sort of person is going to have that sort of cash and the wits to dig into Quark...
  8. Justin Boyce

Justin Boyce Quarker

I hold lots of Quark as well since I see it as being one of the most promising alts, and I still personally believe this market is too new to say that Bitcoin couldn't be replaced or succeeded somehow. Bitcoin has way too many bag holding, get rich types involved it seems. Diversity in the cryptos' is important, and I would say the only coins I will hold mainly is Quark, Litecoin, and Maxcoin as far as the alts go. I also have my eye on Myriadcoin and I may even consider Viacoin at some point since Peter Todd is invovled (which I really agree with a lot of his opinions on Bitcoin). The only reason I hold Maxcoin is cause of Max Keiser and his show.. despite him talking down Quark and Maxcoin having many issues since it was released I still think it has strong long-term potential, its had a lot of promotion/project work done over the summer which I thought looked promising. As far as where Quark is headed in terms of its fiat price, well I would say we need some bad economic news to get it revved up, but also from here on out their will be or should be more crypto users. We are still in the very early stages of this, but I feel like Quark has achieved an incredible amount of work in its very young life, compared to a lot of alts, and it has proven to hold its spot in market capitalization, with many other alts falling sharply below it. As far as speculation goes, a $100M market cap would blow me away, but I've seen tons of speculations of Quark going into the billions, I doubt it will but its nice to dream.
    MacDuro likes this.
  9. HonorFace

HonorFace Quarker

Could you please explain what currencies you currently hold and why? Also, why is the public face of quark so poor in your opinion? I am a recent delver into the crypto currency world and so I am not current on the public relations side of crypto.
  10. enLighteN85

enLighteN85 Quarker

at the moment im mainly holdinng doge coins and quark, doge coins for the fact there is alot of hype and huge trading volume on it with the paypal news. I also got into it due to Aussie creators