Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does my PC need to be on 24/7 to find a block?

Discussion in 'Mining' started by waffuls, Sep 12, 2014.

1. waffuls

waffuls Quarker

Does my PC need to be on for a couple of days before I find a block when mining with the wallet or can I turn it off overnight and continue in the morning?
  2. MasterQ

MasterQ Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Anytime you are hashing you are putting in your lottery ticket for the next block

I would not CPU mine all night without watching the temps, keeping it the computer cool might be a problem
    mancoon and waffuls like this.
  3. waffuls

waffuls Quarker

Oh ok. Thanks for the info!
  4. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

@waffuls, Good advice from MasterQ to watch the temps but if you set your wallet to use only 1 or 2 CPU cores and you can leave it mining for days. If you interrupt the mining you won't miss anything but the percentage of finding a block will decrease.
    waffuls likes this.
  5. waffuls

waffuls Quarker

Oh I see. I'm gonna try setting up my wallet on an old comp that I have running 24/7 anyways and see how that goes then. Thanks for the help!

I also didn't know you can tag people like that. That's pretty cool.