Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GPU Mining?

Discussion in 'Mining' started by Xactly, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Xactly

Xactly Quarker

Is there such thing with Quark? I've searched and haven't found much that pointed to a definitive answer.
    enLighteN85 likes this.
  2. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

enLighteN85 and javica0 like this.
  3. Xactly

Xactly Quarker

I actually tried that right before posting. I've personally never had luck with any DOS miner, and from what I can tell it only allows you to pool mine, where I'm trying to solo mine.
    enLighteN85 likes this.
  4. Mako

i think it works solo mining, in the pool server try to use the IP of your mining machine, if its on local put 127.0.0.1 and for port use the rpcport setting that you have in the configuration file, let me know if it works.
    enLighteN85 likes this.
  5. Xactly

Xactly Quarker

I've had no luck so far. CPU Mining doesn't appear to be function either. CPU utilization while mining using the wallet only shows 3%.

Using sgminer, I'm still having issues having it connect and verify username/password. I've tried using localhost, 127.0.0.1, and my local IP, however neither are working. I even a specific account with administrative privileges, since I typically use no password on my miner.

Mind you I haven't had a lot of time to play around this weekend so I haven't thoroughly gone through everything.
    enLighteN85 likes this.
  6. Mako

enLighteN85 likes this.
  7. locuratotal12

locuratotal12 Quarker

I mined quark a couple of days with my gpus, between monero and primecoin. I was trying gpu miners on cpu coins. :)
    enLighteN85, javica0 and Acevedo000 like this.
  8. asdlolciterquit

asdlolciterquit Quarker

is it better cpu mine with the wallet inself, ore use some external program?
    enLighteN85 likes this.
  9. Mako

yes use your wallet, set it at minimum and put it in tray, depending on your CPU you'll find block once each couple of days. Good luck!
    enLighteN85 and asdlolciterquit like this.
  10. asdlolciterquit

asdlolciterquit Quarker

Thx! A block right now have 1qrk?
    enLighteN85 likes this.
  11. MaxGuevara

MaxGuevara Quark Founder Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator Quark Developer

I can confirm that I've tested sgminer on Linux with AMD GPUs with the new wallet and it works good.
    enLighteN85 likes this.
  12. Xactly

Xactly Quarker

I'm a little inexperienced with sgminer (spoiled by GPUminer with bitcoin), and I'm missing something. I must have spent 6 hours attempting to figure out what I was doing wrong with absolutely no luck. If someone could provide a simple how-to gpu mine Quark with sgminer, I've got a few GPUs laying around I could toss at it 24/7. Nothing too serious (HD7950, HD7850), but at least they wouldn't be laying in a drawer anymore.
    enLighteN85 and Mako like this.
  13. enLighteN85

enLighteN85 Quarker

i thought the whole idea quark was that it wasn't supposed to be able to be mined with a gpu?
  14. DeMeDeu

DeMeDeu Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

You can mine it with your GPU but it is not a significant difference between GPU mining and CPU mining. So you can get as many khashes with CPU as the one who's mining with GPU.

The purpose of its algo is to be resistant to ASIC's and other damn things that could make normal miners 'useless', because of the high hashrate you get with an ASIC.
    Mako and enLighteN85 like this.
  15. tieum

tieum Quarker

I would love to see the possibility to mine with ASIC's but at a caped kH/s rate for example. just so we can reduce the power consumption.
    I am mining at 420 kH/s with a Xeon x3430 2.40Ghz CPU using cpuminer v2
    I am not able to test any GPU mining for quark as my GTX 650M doesn't seems to work with CUDA computable version 3.0 but only 2.1 and there is no gpu-miner for quark that support bellow 3.0
    enLighteN85 likes this.