Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

Greetings !

Discussion in 'Meet the Quark core team!' started by MacDuro, Sep 9, 2014.

1. MacDuro

MacDuro Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Hi all !

I discovered Cryptos during the Stellar promo , someone posted about it on a gamers forum as if it was a free way to buy some Steam games , I decided to research and discovered all the cryptoworld . I like the concept behind the cryptocurrency , right now it's not a perfect system to descentralice , create and distribute money and wealth but it's a good start , much better than our actual system.

I like Quark because it's features (quick confirmation time , strong security) and because it's a community driven project , not a coin controlled by his creator where you have to believe that he is doing what he says and that he is not going to just get bored and abandon the project .

Right now my projects are to create some game giveaways and other events to promote Quark between the Steam Community and Indie scene .
    Jamochlon, MaxGuevara and Mako like this.
  2. QuarkCheck

QuarkCheck Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Awesome Macduro, so glad to have
    you on board, yes i am firmly believe community driven open source project will go long way!
    Jamochlon and MacDuro like this.
  3. MacDuro

MacDuro Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Open Source is a way of life !

https://calafou.org/
    QuarkCheck likes this.