Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

Hello there quarkers !

Discussion in 'Meet the Quark core team!' started by DeMeDeu, Sep 9, 2014.

1. DeMeDeu

DeMeDeu Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Hello there, i am Dragos. I am from Romania and kinda new to the crypto thing. I decided to start mining after i saw a friend getting rich with BTC. Anyway they are almost impossible to mine now so I decided to give a shot to quarks. I have choosed them for security and for the quick confirmation time. Hope they will grow nice and smooth.

Happy mining and lots of coins !
    hhao, Mako and MacDuro like this.
  2. MacDuro

MacDuro Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Welcome on board !
  3. DeMeDeu

Thanks alot !
  4. MasterQ

MasterQ Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Good too see Romania on the crypto map
    DeMeDeu likes this.
  5. DeMeDeu

It is kinda popular around , or at least from what I saw. They gave a shot to quark even if their main coin is other but they still give a shot which is good.
  6. MasterQ

MasterQ Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Anyone could pick up a coin and call it there own and be part of a community.
    Thats a great thing
    Jamochlon likes this.
  7. HonorFace

HonorFace Quarker

This is exactly what attracted me to Quarkcoin over others. Steady release of coins, personally mine-able, ASIC resistant, doesn't require a heavy investment to get started. The opportunity of this forum and the promotions have generated great interest and what seems like a very interested community. Although I think some the easy things in the forum should be toned down in their reward value to avoid botting and excessive over posting behavior.
  8. Rusty_1993

Rusty_1993 Quarker

First of all, @DeMeDeu Welcome to the community! Always good to see a new quarker on the scene :D

@HonorFace I totally agree. That is also what brought me to Quark over other Altcoins.
  9. Micah Wallace

Micah Wallace Quarker

Welcome to the Community @DeMeDeu I am a long time supporter of QRK and early investor way back when the price was much higher so I believe it has the ability to be worth much more than what it is currently.
    DeMeDeu likes this.
  10. DeMeDeu

I am a quarker for about 3 months but it was enough to make me believe the same. The price may be low now but I think it will go up soon ! And I hope that merchants would adopt quarkcoin as payment.
    alteregocoins likes this.
  11. hhao

hhao Quarker

12. OptimusQuark

OptimusQuark Quarker

How long does it take with a 8 core processor to Mine 1 Quark?
  13. DeMeDeu

It depends of your luck but in 24 hours you should hit at least 6-10 at full speed. At full speed using this tutorial you should hit at least one within a few hours. You haven't told me you processor model and clock to be more exact.