Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"How to buy Quarks on Bittylicious.com" - v2.1

Discussion in 'Beginners area' started by Sub80, Aug 2, 2014.

?

Is this 'How to buy Quarks on Bittylicious.com' guide useful?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No - too many mistakes/outdated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes - but there are areas that could be improved (please email these)

20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sub80

Sub80 Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Edit - version 2.1 now available with the 'Important Note' incorporated.

Hi All

I have created a simple guide to buying Quarks using the bittylicious.com website in the UK and other European Union countries (see below for links to the latest version - version 2.1)

There are other sites that offer a similar service – however the Bittylicious website (https://bittylicious.com - make sure it is https) is the site that I have personally found to be the most user friendly and cost effective up until now – and therefore the one I chose to write a guide for*.

If you do have some suggestions to make this user guide better or if you have spotted a mistake (no doubt there are a few) – then do get in contact – I will try to accommodate all requests and updates in future user guide accordingly.

I hope you find this “How to buy Quarks on Bittylicious.com” useful.

Regards

Sub80
    sub80qdg@gmail.com
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Email me personally (or friend me on Google+) and I can send you a free copy (you can share this) as I suspect the Issuu website might charge for print outs.

*From personal experience I have searched for and received my purchased Quarks in less than 15 minutes (input the value I need, log on and transfer fiat, seller confirmation, seller transfers Quarks) - with the time taken to receive the Quarks being usually around 1 minute - and never more than 5 minutes. So far no problems - and no reason to contact admin.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "How to buy Quarks on Bittylicious.com" - version 2.1

http://imgur.com/BFykTXy

http://issuu.com/sarbsingh/docs/how_to_buy_quarks_on_bittylicious_-/0

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    This is a guide for people looking to BUY Quarks - not for people selling Quarks. The purchase method in this guide is via Bank Transfer.

By registering as a BUYER you can purchase more Quarks - and (on last check) you do not have to register you bank account details up a certain fiat amount (the maximum amount of fiat/money I have spent is £140 - and I was not been asked for my bank details. For larger amounts you may be asked for your bank details. All credit card only transaction will require you registering your bank details - for security reasons).

If you are looking to SELL Quarks you will be required to register a bank account to the site.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    DeMeDeu likes this.
  2. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

Hi Sub80, good job I, its an easy to follow guide however misses an important info, the fact that they require all sorts of steps in order to get verified like registration of the bank account, sending all sort of documents, etc. Thats what they wanted from me last time I've tried(approx a month ago) using this service so would be useful to specify this also.
  3. Sub80

Hi Mako

I don't recall having to do this myself - but that was a few months back - I'm in UK (not sure where you are sorry) but let me try to recheck (also - when I pay via bank transfer anyway - so I figure that is verification enough). Also - from I can remember you don't have to register to buy Quarks - just by registering you can buy more.

Be right back
    Sub80
  4. Sub80

Hi Mako

Just done a purchase [well quit after payment was asked for - which I feel bad about leaving the seller hanging :( ] - but you can purchase (in UK at least) without registering - they just provide me with the details of the seller to transfer funds into. Once they (the seller) were to receive my money they then confirm they have payment - then transfer Quarks to the address (which I think Bittylicious give them - possibly for a fee - this is possibly why they need bank details from sellers of Quarks).

Were you trying to register as a seller? maybe that is why they require your bank details? My guide is only for buyers of Quark - so maybe that is why they don't need to hold the bank details.

Should I move the location of the guide on the forum?

Sub80

I have update the intro to this topic accordingly - highlighting the distinction between buyer and seller and the corresponding bank detail requirements.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  5. Mako

6. Sub80

Hi Mako

What country are you logging in from? I'm logging in from the UK - and using Safari/Mac.

This is the screen I get when I go on there site (without logging in) - attached.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  7. Mako

Just had a chat with them on IRC and they said that verification is required for all countries up to a certain limit.

Payment by credit card they always require ID verification, and payment by bank transfer there is a limit of purchase up to which you don't have to upload the documents.
  8. Sub80

Hi Mako - thank you for getting back to me.

That explains it. In my guide (and what I always do) is payment for Quarks by bank transfer - I will clarify this at the top of the page. And from what I gather you are saying is - if I choose to spend MORE than a certain amount of fiat via bank transfer - then ID will be required - but if I choose to spend UNDER a certain limit of fiat then additional ID will NOT be required for bank transfers. Payment by credit card ALWAYS needs ID.

From an average users perspective - ie the masses like me - when it comes to buying good they are familiar and dare I say comfortable (in the western world) buying goods using online shopping and online banking. What matters to us the ease and convenience of the purchase - and a good price (anonymity is not something we generally - unfortunately look for).

The negative of doing a bank transfer is - you need a bank account - which some people may not have (although then they would not have a credit card either I presume).

Is there a service (like local bitcoins - i think that is what it is called) that people can buy Quarks on without having a bank account on? If there is - let me know and I can try and write a user guide for that. Also - is there a voucher exchange method - ie they buy Amazon vouchers in store and exchange these vouchers with someone selling Quarks of the same value (this will obviously require trust on part all involved)?

Sub80
    (I will try to put this clarification in a version 2.1 as soon as I can - is the clarification under 'Important Notice' sufficient in your eyes - or is their something else you would prefer in the updated guide?)
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  9. Sub80

Version 2.1 is now available.
    Should I post the guide under the Beginners section as the 'Use You Quarks' is not apt for a guide telling you how to Buy Quarks? (confusing for end users).

Could their be sections for such as: Where to Buy Quarks? Where to Spend Quarks? Where to Trade in Quarks? How to convince you local shops to Accept Quarks? ...

I'm going to start a new thread on this actually.

Thanks once again Mako for the feedback - it is appreciated.
  10. Mako

Yes please do so, any tutorials , guides, etc should be posted there for new users
  11. Sub80

Thank you to the individual who sent me some Quarks the other day (apologies for not writing sooner - I have a good reason).
    Regards Sarb
  12. DeMeDeu

DeMeDeu Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

I tried to access the site but now i see that they aren't selling quarkcoins anymore...
  13. Sub80

Hi DeMeDeu

I've just gone and can see Quarks (Incorrect labelled as Quark coin). Can you not see the option or are there no sellers at the more?

What country ate you trying from? I'm in the U.K. - will try to upload a pic of what I see (on my phone) - the list with Quark in it.

Sub80
    (Sorry for short/broken reply, mobile/ cell phone is still my only means of accessing the net - new laptop should be here any day now)
    Screenshot_2014-09-13-18-45-46.png
  14. DeMeDeu

This is what I get when I select quarkcoin from the list. I am trying to buy from Romania.

noquarks.png
  15. Sub80

Hi DeMeDeu

I've hit this problem (or similar before) I believe there is no one selling at the moment. If you try again later maybe someone will be selling. (I don't think Bittylicious per sa have stopped hosting/selling on their site).

I know this is frustrating particularly as the price is rising. I've been wanting to buy since my laptop broke as the price was so low, but all my online banking details were on my old Mac address book (which I have a back up for thankfully) and the format can only be read by another Mac. Gutted I've missed out on the low price as I'm going to have to spend double to get what I want. (Plus its delayed my Quark business plan I was working on - been using pen and paper after all these years!).

Best advice I can give is try again in a bit.
    Best of luck mate.

Sarb
  16. DeMeDeu

Thank you very much for the info ! The same problem here, didn't have the money when i wanted to buy and now when I have the money the price doubled up... This is karma for sure...
    Sub80 likes this.
  17. Sub80

I don't believe its Karma (nor I think you should think it is as such) as I try never to do harm, plus what I'm hoping to achieve (with others working towards a Quark friendly future) is a better world. So nothing but good Karm.

Be positive and take it a learning curve. I've learn to keep paper backups of my addresses and passwords (once I manage to upload it into my new Mac). Maybe you can think of something that you can offer to the Quark community that they can give you Quarks for? Painter? Musician? Its a brave new world - don't get disheartened. We will have our day.

Besides I'm sure there are more rollercoasters to come ;)

Sarb
    (Sorry if I sound preachy - not my intention)
  18. Mako

There is manipulation of the Quark price at the moment, you shouldn't buy unless you're sure you won't sell low, don't buy thinking its going to get higher, buy only for long term hoarding and if by luck the price gets higher you will then have a choice to sell or to keep hoarding.

The important thing is the mentality. If you buy for long term hoarding and price collapses it doesn't matter on the psychological level but if you create expectations then it will matter and force you into selling at a loss.

my 2 guevaras :)
    Sub80 likes this.
  19. Sub80

I'm keeping for long term - and hopefully the infrastructure (and quark) will be so strong that I won't have to convert to fiat. Hopefully i can buy everything in Quark in the future.

As I have said before "I have a cunning plan" :)