Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help to start mining Quark!

Discussion in 'Mining' started by Rusty_1993, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Rusty_1993

Rusty_1993 Quarker

I would like to mine Quark using either one or two GPU's. I am curious to know which GPU('s) will work best for this purpose..

In addition I would like to also know which miner software I should be using as well.

Also if we wanna go the extra mile here, is it better to mine solo or in a pool? And (if so) which pool?

I appreciate any and all feedback!

Thanks! :)
    Rusty
  2. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

I never mined Quark with a GPU because we have a low hashrate so I can find blocks even with my CPU :) So my advice is mine solo and after you manage to get it started please share steps that you took so that newbie quarkers can follow them in the Beginners section. Thanks!
  3. Promethium

Promethium Quarker

Hi Rusty,
    I point my GPU's at https://hashco.ws/ multipool and have set my account to pay out in Quark.
    Bon Chance,

Promethium
  4. Rusty_1993

Rusty_1993 Quarker

Thanks for the replys folks, very helpful!
    @Promethium Which GPU's do you use?
  5. Justin Boyce

Justin Boyce Quarker

Hi Rusty, I have quite a bit of experience GPU mining and I can tell from experience so far the AMD video cards are superior. I am yet to try and GPU mine Quark but I'd assume AMD cards are best. Right now in my setup I've run Sapphire Radeon 7950's which are one of the best price-performance mining cards you can get and right now they're much cheaper than they were several months ago (about $250 vs $500+ back in December). A 7950 with the right settings should mine around 600 KH/s or 300 MH/s. When I find the time I might produce a guide for the forum to make it easy to setup GPU mining on both Quark and other cryptos.. I've spent hours figuring out what works best, temperatures, GPU clock, memory clock, fan speeds, etc.. from what I can tell with Quarks' hash rate being relatively low I would say solo-mining is fine.. however when it picks up a pool is usually more ideal.
    Rusty_1993 likes this.
  6. Rusty_1993

Rusty_1993 Quarker

Thank you! I am not very well off as I'm young and living on my own but I love reading about Quark and crypto's in general but I lack the tech skills to do something about it
  7. Promethium

Promethium Quarker

AMD HD7970 & 7990's assorted Brands
    Rusty_1993 likes this.
  8. Ned_Braden

Ned_Braden Quarker

How often are you hitting blocks?
  9. MesaMesa

MesaMesa Quarker

I would treat mining as a loss making hobby what with the price of GPUs and electricity. It is fair to say that the money spent on mining equipment would be better invested in just buying QRK at this current low price and trust that it will increase in value in the long term.
    MacDuro likes this.
  10. Rusty_1993

Rusty_1993 Quarker

Well i just actually placed an order for 2 gridseeds and i just setup my raspberry pi. So im gonna give that a try i got a decent deal on the gridseeds. hopefully it works out. I will definitely be aiming them right at the Quark network!
    MacDuro likes this.
  11. MacDuro

MacDuro Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

┬┐Maybe could you explain how you have built your Rasp ? , I'm new on this crypto world and I was interested in build some cheap Rasp to start mining some currencies . Your idea looks great but I really have no idea how to start to build something similar .

I have been looking for a tutorial or something about build a miner using a Raspberry-Pi for Quark , but could not find anything so any help will be wellcome !
  12. JayeK

JayeK Quarker

I'd take it it would still have to be a decent CPU? I have an old HP Media PC, to much of a dinosaur to find any blocks I'd take it?
  13. Rusty_1993

Rusty_1993 Quarker

@MacDuro I havent been able to run the pi with the gridseeds properly, yet. Hoping to have it up and running in a week or so but will post back here once I have set it up
    MacDuro likes this.