Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

Interesting talk by john mcafee

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonwarrier12, Sep 18, 2017.

1. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

this is a good talk by John McAfee, online wallet security. At about 10:15, he talks aboout his mining operation, and how he could use the internet of things to mine bitcoin, and take over the network with smart appliances basically. that would suck for bitcoin if he could do that.

Its a good watch anyway.

Cryptoxic and AceNOLA like this.
  2. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

of course, it is all theoretical.
    AceNOLA likes this.
  3. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Quarker

thats one reason i dont use wallet apps. except for faucet
    dragonwarrier12 and AceNOLA like this.
  4. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Quarker

So what are your guys thoughts on the amount of hash he could throw around...... you think he could actually affect markets with it?
    AceNOLA likes this.
  5. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

That is a great question, I truly don't know the answer. But in my best Guestimation, I would say no, just because of how powerful China is now.

Ace.
    Cryptoxic likes this.
  6. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Quarker

wouldnt you think china is a little out of the running with all the recent laws?