Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

Introduction

Discussion in 'Meet the Quark core team!' started by AliceWonder, Jul 29, 2014.

1. AliceWonder

AliceWonder Quarker

Hello,

I've been using bitcoin for about a year and a half now, though admittedly a light user. When bitcoin was $80 I predicted it would drop to $60 and then I would buy. Well, it went the other way ;)

I've been using Linux since 1998 - mostly the Red Hat based distros.

For awhile I was a Fedora packager (built RPMs), but I left that a long time ago (been years)

Why I like quark:
    * Confirmation Time - I think bitcoin takes WAY too long
    * cPoW - I think ASICs result in centralization of miners, I'd rather have lower total hash rate but decentralized mining than what ASICs have done to bitcoin
    * slight inflation rate - I think that's good for any currency, at least while adoption is growing.

-=-

My current ambition - I'm out of town on vacation but once I get home, I am going to attempt to port Armory to work with quarkcoin.

One of the benefits of the clone coin that I won't really bring up is that I was able to mine some and that will give me a wallet I can work with where if bugs in armory port cause issues its not a financial loss. So once I get it working with that other coin I just do a diff from pristine armory, edit the diff to apply to quarkcoin, and I should have something that will work.

Armory wallet requires bitcoind so I'm guessing it actually won't be that difficult to get it to talk to quarkcoind instead, and I think deterministic wallets would be groovy. I hope...
    maroulis and Mako like this.
  2. HonorFace

HonorFace Quarker

Hi Alice, would you mind explaining the idea of deterministic wallets a little further?
    Jamochlon likes this.