Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

Is....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AceNOLA, May 18, 2017.

1. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

NO news GOOD news?

#staying active..

Ace.
    monoblocco likes this.
  2. Yagami

Yagami Quarker

We have a lot of work to do and the road ahead is very positive. This is a new beginning for Quark.

here are some jobs that we can all help with.

1. Contact all old Quark members that you know of and let them know that Quark is starting a new beginning.

2. Contact all old Quark website domain owners that are still live and let them know to update their site and join us, or we can buy the domain from them if they want to move on.

3. Social media pages that are Quark related, if we can reclaim them or start brand new ones.

4. Contact BTC38 by putting in a ticket and requesting them to upgrade to latest client https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases/tag/v0.10.4.5

5. Post ideas of innovation that you believe is worth implementing so we can all discuss the pro's and con's.
    AceNOLA, monoblocco and Dodorama like this.
  3. AceNOLA

I totally agree. I, as my job permits, will be here, active and attempt to keep these things moving forward, I will keep the forums active and communicating in a positive manner and direction. There is no reason the afformentioned things can not start to happen.

Ace.
  4. p3ppymon

p3ppymon Quarker

So do I.
    As long as the allegations made on other forums are false!
    dragonwarrier12 likes this.
  5. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

Go quark!!
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    AceNOLA likes this.
  6. AceNOLA

In my opinion, that thread should not have been written. All things quark, is about what is to happen not what has happened in the past. It is what we make it. For God's sake, its not like it is a five dollar coin right now. You can not have allegations for what is to come with this coin.

It is what we make of it boys and girls..

Ace.
    dragonwarrier12 likes this.
  7. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

You are correct. Im still here because i have been a believer in quark since the beginning. No amount of fud will change my mind.
    AceNOLA likes this.
  8. p3ppymon

p3ppymon Quarker

Happy with your replies!
    AceNOLA and dragonwarrier12 like this.
  9. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

Yagami likes this.
  10. Yagami

Yagami Quarker

It is not yet clear whether quarkcoin will be used in the game
    I know the game is finished
    AceNOLA likes this.
  11. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

The article mentions an in game currency for one of the games. Doesnt mention quark though.
    AceNOLA likes this.
  12. alteregocoins

alteregocoins Quarker

We also need a much better wallet. It takes me weeks to synchronize mine with network...
  13. alteregocoins

alteregocoins Quarker

However, I am loving the coins mined during the process...my old desktop MAC is generating one coin per minute...lol!
    monoblocco likes this.
  14. monoblocco

monoblocco Quarker

Hi alteregocoins,

I use a Mac Pro (Early 2009) and "Quark Core" v0.10.4.5 (64-bit) to mine QuarkCoins
    You can tell me what is the best configuration to Mining threads?
    I use "Maximum" but I do not know if it is an optimal choice.

[​IMG]
    Additionally, by Terminal I use Minerd with mpool and p2poole-pool accounts but I not be able to generate one coin per minute.
    Perhaps "2 x 2,26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon" processor is not powerful enough?
  15. Yagami

Yagami Quarker

Because there are now about 2,700 COINS a day,Each year 1 million

But the quarks team is updating the new version,More COINS will be available later

The code is already written and is being tested

Stay tuned for
    alteregocoins, AceNOLA and monoblocco like this.
  16. GeorgeFoz

GeorgeFoz Quarker

Hi everyone, just starting mining for a bit of fun, I don't have to pay for electricity so although my setup isn't the best at least it's producing something!

Only started mining Quark yesterday but it's looking really good! I can't wait for the upcoming developments you are bringing.

The only problem I have is that I only have 1 active connection on my wallet so it can't sync. I know it's a noob thing to do but at the moment I'm just putting it in my Cryptopia account.
    Timo and nightshadeNOLA like this.
  17. Timo

Timo Quarker

Hey, just coming back to quark. Got caught up at the start then life took over :)
    Just syncing my wallet .. 3 years behind! Wow how time flew.
    Started talking about Quark again and hammering on facebook. Lets hope it picks up.

Love donations :)
    QYqe5bghNWPeDjXaNtCpDRw8UdTSVTj8SD
    AceNOLA and nightshadeNOLA like this.
  18. AceNOLA

Glad to have you back Timo! I'm relatively new here but it certainly appears as though Quark is on the rebound. Especially in price in the last week or so! Thanks for coming back and helping out in a positive way!

Ace.
  19. p3ppymon

p3ppymon Quarker

Welcome to the new ones!
    AceNOLA, are you a mod yet?
    :)
    AceNOLA likes this.
  20. Timo

Timo Quarker

Thanks. Wallet now up to date. :) So used to things being instant on my smartphone nowerdays

Yes quark has so much going for it. Totally underserved what happened, but good things come to those who wait.
    AceNOLA likes this.
  21. AceNOLA

Not a mod yet, hadn't had time to reach out to anyone, Father's day weekend and all, I will try to in the next couple of days!

Ace.
  22. nightshadeNOLA

nightshadeNOLA Quarker

When I first ran the wallet update, I thought that was the estimated time of sync completion... "Three years, WTF". It ended up taking me a couple of hours, but its sync'd now and I try to leave it open when I can so help seed.
    I've been pool mining on Akaipool: https://aikapool.com/
    Timo and AceNOLA like this.
  23. Timo

Timo Quarker

Yes same here.
    Love the way I can mine in the wallet. No more oldskool dosbox scripting for me :)
    Must look into pooling later.
  24. nightshadeNOLA

nightshadeNOLA Quarker

It took a little bit of trial an error to get CC miner .bat file setup properly to mine QRK, and to have my Akaipool account tied to it, but this was the first time I had used a purely CMDline miner.
    Timo likes this.
  25. alteregocoins

alteregocoins Quarker

My wallet on iMac desktop is taking forever to synchronize ive been running it for weeks and it's so slow!!!
    AceNOLA likes this.