Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

it would be nice if...................

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Ideas' started by Cryptoxic, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Quarker

there was an uptodate bootstrap! everything i have found is before the big fork.. and it sticks everytime.. followed the instructions on how to correct..it still didnt work. would just like some up to date resources.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

3. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Quarker

yeah.. thats what i did... after i followed the original instructions you had here.. and downloaded an old wallet and wasted time and resouces (including the quarks i sent to exchange that never showed because it was from a fork that wasnt supported, or something) . it would be a good idea to update the instructions showing the proper wallet info and links, so other new people can have a better expirience with it than i have had
  4. Mako

sorry for the experience you had, can you tell me what instructions did you follow ? The wallet download section is right at the top
    Griting likes this.
  5. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Quarker

No.. On the left side there was or is.. A how to install quicker using the bootstrap. I went there.. Because who doesnt want to install as quickly as possible. Lol. Clicked the link for the bootstrap that didnt work.. So i read the intructions.. I have have own github profile so i went there to download the version 8 or 9 as instructed. I didnt have faith any of the links were going to work at the point so searches were done with the info provided
  6. Mako

I have fixed the link so there shouldn't be any more pointing to version 8 or 9 which are deprecated at this point. Thanks for understanding
  7. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Quarker

:) no worries