Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

Make some contribution to the restoration of ecology

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yagami, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Timo

Timo Quarker

You'll need to download the bootstrap. I did this and took a while to process. Should pick up then; took about 3 days to sync in background.
    AceNOLA likes this.
  2. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

I hope this brings some people back to the forums as well!!!!!
    nightshadeNOLA likes this.
  3. kuzu23

kuzu23 Quarker

Thanks Timo, could you direct me to where I can download the bootstrap for MAC?

I tried downloading from the below link but the RAR file cannot be extracted.

https://github.com/QuarkCoin/BlockChain/releases
    AceNOLA likes this.
  4. nightshadeNOLA

nightshadeNOLA Quarker

Im at work and cannot download to test. The bootstrap file will help cut some time off of the download, but isnt required for the wallet to sync. Just allowing the wallet to download and process the blockchain works as well, but is time consuming.
    Please keep in mind, not only is it downloading the blockchain data, its also utilizing your hardware to process and confirm the chain while it updates, so if you are using your machine, it can slow the process down.
    I started it and walked away from my machine, only using the wallet to D.L and process the block chain. I had between 2-11 peers on the wallet and the whole process took about 3 hours. Depending on the speed of your machine and your internet speed, your experience may be faster or slower.

Hope this helps!
    AceNOLA likes this.
  5. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Also, don't forget, any transactions that may occur sooner than where it is at in the processing, will not show up in your wallet. So just be patient, once it is caught up, you will see all transactions... Well done @nightshadeNOLA for that assistance. Looks like you are picking this up quite fast!

Ace.
  6. nightshadeNOLA

nightshadeNOLA Quarker

;) Thanks, trying to be a help to the community.
    AceNOLA likes this.
  7. eg0rka

eg0rka Quarker

AceNOLA, Ok,
    But please, let Yagami answer my messages in PM