Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

Mining Mode

Discussion in 'Mining' started by simpleneffective, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Hi,

It had been years since I opened my Quark wallet and found it far from the latest version. I was guided to Pondi's instructions by nuttynoah and was able to to get the v0.10.6.3 (64-bit) latest version for mac up and running, with a few bumps along the way, followed the staking instructions and since January 25th have 9 stakes confirmed for around 5000 Quark altogether and 5 generated but not accepted stakes. First, I'm wondering if that's normal? Secondly, to the main question, I've been curious about the greyed out Mining Mode heading with a check box at the top left corner of the wallet. I read the post "Enable Mining Mode" and went ahead to Preferences - Mining - Mining threads and chose Maximum instead of Disabled and closed the wallet, then reopened it. The Mining Mode heading is still greyed out and unchecked although it is set at Maximum in Mining threads. Would anyone be willing to help me understand the meaning of Mining Mode as all of the above activity happened with Mining threads on the Disabled setting and even though I experimented and set it on Maximum and restarted, the heading is still greyed out and I have no idea what I'm doing or what changing the setting has done. I've had the wallet mining just about all day today without the whiff of a stake which makes me willing to experiment but I'd love to know what's actually happening. Sorry for the long winded post but if anyone would be willing to enlighten me that would be great! Thanks, Let's be strong and do good!