Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mining problem

Discussion in 'Mining' started by DeMeDeu, Sep 9, 2014.

1. DeMeDeu

DeMeDeu Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Hello there guys. I think i have a little problem. I was mining with my wallet (0.8.3.22 version) for a while, like almost two days and i still got nothing. I am mining on 3 cores rated at 2.80GHZ. It uses my CPU exactly how much i set it to but i get nothing. What am I doing wrong ? Or I am the most unlucky person in finding quarks ? I am looking for your response ! Thanks !
  2. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

sometimes it takes 4-5 days or more, depends on your hashrate and network difficulty. Once the network hashrate gets higher you'll find a block slower and slower but at the moment if you have 100Khps you should find one in 1-2 days.
  3. DeMeDeu

DeMeDeu Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Well this is what I get when i type getmininginfo in the debug info. "hashespersec" : 60460". But it is a little strange. In 'minerd' on pool mining i get the text "412 khps" or things like that. Isn't it a big difference from 412 khps in pool mining to 60 khps in solo mining ? Or is it normal ? I am brand new to this so excuse me if i bother you with stupid questions.
  4. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

i haven't used minerd to pool mine but its obviously not displaying the correct figure.