Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Important! Due to Quark protocol changing to a POW/POS in the future, the mobile wallet users should start transfering their coins from the mobile app to a supported wallet.

need help transferring from mac wallet v0.8.3. to 10.4.5

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by cmontie, Jul 31, 2017.

1. cmontie

cmontie Quarker

I'm happy to send someone qrk if they can safely guide me on how to transferred from old to new a wallet. Two different macs, 2 different wallets.

to: v0.10.4.5 (64-bit)

I dug around on the forum first & was able to get the old wallet slightly more synced up, but it won't finish. Looks like there have been some changes in the last few years since i've been away.

-Cheers!
  2. Thule

Thule Quarker

1.save wallet.dat from your old wallet
    2.download new wallet 10.4.5.
    3.add wallet.dat to your new wallet
    4.sync your wallet
    5.If you have issues to finish the sync cause its not moving forwards add manually new nodes
    In the wallet click on the following.
    1. Help
    2. Debug window
    3. Console.
    Then type into the command line:
    addnode 213.32.98.226 add
    Then hit return.

do the same for all these nodes.
    addnode 95.183.52.52 add
    addnode 69.9.43.163 add
    addnode 125.238.166.39 add
    addnode 208.94.242.218 add
    addnode 88.101.6.125 add

Node List for /Satoshi:0.10.4.5/
    Seen by explorer wallet in the last 24hours:
    https://chainz.cryptoid.info/qrk/#!network
    Select your version, then click node list
  3. cmontie

cmontie Quarker

thanks for the reply, a few quick questions though:

1. is "save wallet.dat" the same file you get when file>backup wallet ?

the file I get from backup says backup.dat , so i'm confused as to how I get the wallet.dat file.

3. how do I "add wallet.dat" to in new wallet? i don't see a tab for it... do I manually place the backup file somewhere? if so, where?

Thanks again!
  4. Ben

Ben Quarker

Hi cmontie,
    I have exactly the same problem! Downloaded the new wallet but can't seem to add my backup .dat file to it.
    Can anyone help with this?
    Thanks.
  5. Dodorama

Dodorama Quarker

To backup your wallet.dat, you need to find it in the .quarkcoin folder.

On Windows it is in %appdata%
    On Linux it is hidden in the user's directory
    I don't know for mac sorry.

To make a backup of this file, just copy it to somewhere else.
    Then do the update
    /!\ We've seen multiple cases of failed sync so I recommend you to read this topics before /!\
    AceNOLA likes this.
  6. cmontie

cmontie Quarker

i had previously read that failed sync thread. It was slightly useful. Is there any technical support from anyone who helped develop this coin or is quark just floating in space now-a-days?

I'm confused about this 10.5? I can only find 10.4.5
  7. Thule

Thule Quarker

Dev is working for an update but don't expect any help from him.He is to busy working on diffrent coins to update them so the price will increase :D

Community is nearly non existend.
    I don't know what happened with 10.4.5 as it was one file which i downloaded in the past and there were a screenshot added where you can find your wallet.dat file on MAC.
    I guess thats now the latest wallet for MAC
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/mac-os.44/
  8. Dodorama

Dodorama Quarker

10.5 doesn't exist, it is an error :/
  9. Ben

Ben Quarker

Hi cmontie,
    How did you go with this?
    I have a backup.dat file created from my old quark wallet. I have downloaded and synced the newer 10.4.5 wallet.
    But I have not been able to apply the backup file to the new wallet to recover my coins.
    So I'm still looking for help on how to do this.
    Any ideas, anyone?
    Thanks,
    Ben.
  10. Ben

Ben Quarker

11. cmontie

cmontie Quarker

I'm working on getting some help to safely transfer everything. once this happens, I'll make a detailed update here