Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New quarkers - important read!

Discussion in 'Beginners area' started by Mako, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  2. SandCat

SandCat Quarker

I came in because of the Reddit ad, so I found the forum before I had the quark program or an address. I imagine a lot of people are in the same boat, not knowing their address yet when they first sign up, thanks for the reminder.
  3. NinjaPuker

NinjaPuker Quarker

Is the monthly payout set on fixed dates, or is it every month starting from the day of registration?
  4. Mako

The payouts are sent to everyone on a random date between the 14th and 17th of every month regardless of your registration date
  5. victor

victor Quarker

6. Mako

7. Carol

Carol Quarker

thx for the advice
    jimmydvd, enLighteN85 and hhao like this.
  8. maroulis

maroulis Quarker

Hello lads , thanks for the advice!!!
  9. evoutsa

evoutsa Quarker

hello all :)
  10. dcs

dcs Quarker

thanks for the advise
    jimmydvd and enLighteN85 like this.
  11. repanakia

repanakia Quarker

Hello guys! thanks for the advise
  12. Spiros

Spiros Quarker

hello guys , thanks for the advice
  13. JayeK

JayeK Quarker

Nice idea to encourage participation, any chance this was inspired by LTBcoin (Lets Talk Bitcoin!)?
    jimmydvd, enLighteN85 and iram313099 like this.
  14. Mako

I didn't knew about that but looking at it they have a more advanced system build with the protocol directly(counterparty). I might be completely wrong though.

cashmen (a zero day quarker) gave this idea I don't know where he got the inspiration from. He also has a irc faucet so going for a forum faucet was a pretty accessible idea. Right now there's a discussion on what interval should the rewards be sent, 30 days(currently) seems reasonable but 10 days or less could increase activity. How are things done at LTBcoin ?
  15. JayeK

JayeK Quarker

Either way I think it's a great idea. Was just curious. I spend fair amount of time over at the LTB community and it's certainly grown in numbers since the inception of a similar proof of participation. Cheers.
  16. Mako

I edited my above reply, I was asking how they are doing things over there in terms of payout interval ? Right now we have 30 days here but its a great probability of going to 7-10 days to increase participation.
    jimmydvd, enLighteN85, hhao and 2 others like this.
  17. JayeK

JayeK Quarker

Payout comes once a week. I think LTBcoins are earned up until Midnight each friday and paid out the following Saturday.
    jimmydvd, enLighteN85, hhao and 8 others like this.
  18. FelipeM7

FelipeM7 Quarker

Yes, payouts are every saturday (sunday morning in Europe). This week there is a problem with a bug in counterparty.
    jimmydvd, enLighteN85, hhao and 6 others like this.
  19. Mako

thanks @FelipeM7, I think this would be the right approach here as well, once a week payouts, or at least twice a month.

No bugs in Quark as of yet, never too late right ? :p
    jimmydvd, enLighteN85, hhao and 2 others like this.
  20. DarGarCor

DarGarCor Quarker

Thank you for the advise Mako. And hello to everybody BTW.
  21. ShroomsKill

ShroomsKill Quarker

Good advise, thanks.
  22. MasterQ

MasterQ Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

any donation % option?
    all these free quarks are too generous
  23. Mako

See "Buy us a beer" section in the footer. Any donation goes back into this forum so thanks in advance!
  24. AlphaNuma

AlphaNuma Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Hi all!

Apologies for the silence, have been very sick in hospital for a number of weeks. Now I'm back! So I am here to help as much as I possibly can. I am currently the Global Moderator on the older Quark Forum, so you can contact me here preferably.

Cheers,
    Alphanuma
  25. Mako

Welcome back Alphanuma!

For anyone who doesn't know, Alphanuma is currently a super moderator on Quarktalk. He used to be a Global moderator at Quark's old forum.