Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

New Suggestions for 'Resources' Sub-Sections - Useful?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sub80, Aug 3, 2014.

?

Is the concept of this thread something you agree with?

1. No - things are good as they are

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - I have some suggestions (please leave your suggestions for all to review)

50.0%
  3. Yes - I agree completely with the concepts raised (no suggestions)

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sub80

Sub80 Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Hi All

I shall try and keep this short and sweet (as I do waffle on).

Under the 'Resourses' section of this forum we currently have 3 sub-sections members can go to; "Beginners Area", "Software & Tools", and lastly "Use Your Quarks" - would it be possible to increase these to include a few more sub-sections that make it easier for new users to find relevant informations? The reason I suggest this is because i foresee useful information being lost in the future (and people finding it difficult to know where to go for certain material/information). If we can structure the useful information in easy to find format then we increase the usability and thus adoption.

I have the following suggestions for sub-sections:
    "Where to Buy Quarks?" - Where members can post new sites to buy from under new threads (with the merchant in the header) - then members can write reviews within each new thread. (That way each thread under this topic will represent a place to represent a place buy Quarks, and people can find out other members opinion by reading the associated thread)
    Where to Spend Quarks? - Where members can post new/existing sites to buy goods/spend their Quarks - then members can write reviews within each new thread.
    Where to Trade in Quarks? - Where members involved in trading Quarks or other crypto currencies can post about trading sites like Cryptsy, Bter etc... This will not be site the average Amazon/Ebay user will interested in - just like they are not interested in knowing about the Nasdaq or Footsie.
    User Guides: This could be a library of User Guides - split into technical and non technical - where new users could get quick access to useful material.
    How to attack new users - Discussion? - Here members could provide anecdotal insight into their own experiences and methods they have used to convince new merchants or members of the public to accept their Quarks. Basically an exchange for ideas and advice concentrating on Quark acceptance.
    How to convince you local shops/Business to Accept Quarks - Supporting Material? - Here, Admin and members can various upload finished material that can be printed our or used to promote the acceptance of Quarks - ie 'We Accept Quarks Here' stickers/poster designs, 'Every thing you need to know about accepting Quarks in your business - a Guide' etc... (If I am not mistake - there is a press pack somewhere - that would be ideal for here".
    I'm sure there are other sub-sections and ides people could contribute to this discussion - and there will possibly be mistaken assumptions I might have made - so I look forward to hearing everyone thoughts (and I take no offence in people offering a different opinion - so please write freely).

Sub80
    PS - I understand that some or all the sub-section names would need to be simplified - as they may be too long.
    PPS Admin - you are doing a fantastic job - I just want to help the best I can.
  2. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

Hi Sub80, thanks for your suggestions! The Where to Buy Quarks and Where to Trade in Quarks are in the same category for the moment because there isn't a place to buy quarks the doesn't also allows trading.
    For Where to Spend Quarks there is currently an link to the Official Merchants on qrk.cc website but a new subforums for Merchants will be helpful indeed.

User Guides should currently be posted under Beginners Area, I will make you a mod there so you can keep things organized and you can only allow relevant stuff for Beginners like user guides and tutorials.

And the last 2 suggestions I think would fit into a single subforum Quark acceptance materials & methods
  3. admin

admin Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian QuarkTalk moderator

Sub80, I have tweaked a bit the categories for some of your proposals, thank you for your suggestions.

I have added category: Quark Promotion (Materials, Projects & News) and made the Marketplace a separate own category for users to share feedback about businesses or other quakers that acccept quark in return to their service.

I've also added mining category as thats basically a vital part of crypto currencies and the user guides in relation to that topic will have to go in there.

Finally I have added Project Development subforum for core supporters or businesses to post their on going developments of Quark projects.
  4. Sub80

Hi Guys, thanks for the updates - all the work you are doing will pay off.

Sorry for not replying sooner - had a nightmare week or two (laptop got flooded by a split bottle of water in my backpack - it's buggered as after giving a good dry and clean still not starting). I will be more active once I get my new laptop in two weeks (I have most things backed up, including my Quarks - which is lucky).

One good thing to come out of this is that I could do a guide of how to install the Quark desktop wallet on a Mac when I do get my new laptop (always look on the bright side). Plus, new laptop means faster graphic rendering and hopefully some Quark promotional material.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to be of more use when I have my new laptop.

Sub80
  5. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

Hi Sub80, please try and move all the guides in the Resources area, you can upload the PDF directly and in the description you could list all the chapters and page number.

Thank you
  6. Sub80

Hi Mako. I will do it as soon as possible. Might be a couple of weeks due loss of my computer and hardrive. I'm getting another one in the couple if weeks and will hopefully recovery hard drive (if I can't I can download a copy from a cloud copy I should have). Please bear with me - I have a few Quark related ideas on my old laptop I will be trying to recover and hopefully presenting to the forum soon.