Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

New to the community but not to the cryptoworld

Discussion in 'Beginners area' started by Cryptoxic, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Quarker

Wanted to say hi and introduce myself.. name is jeremy, but i go by cryptoxic or krewshul.. or even hey dum dum dookie face.. what ever is easier for you. new to quark bbut not to the world of crypto.. im a miner, hodler, and i try to help when ever i can.. very interested in quark. heard a ton of great things but, im a little disheartened now from my initial dealings with it. i would expect for a popular coin to stay up to date with their instructions and downloads wich i have found out not to be the case here............. but i am willing to give it another go and see what happens. i have high hopes for this coin and wish it to last and hit the moon....... but only time will tell.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. Yagami

Yagami Quarker

hi,jeremy and welcome
    I'm glad you joined
    I can feel your enthusiasm. Please leave a quark address. I will give you some quarks as a gift
  3. 943107729

943107729 Quarker

哈喽,您好,希望你大力发展夸克
  4. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Quarker

Thanx!!!! thats awesome of you!! QWnBZ1twxYAe17nv5Fbbn71EMPE7CA9yvK
  5. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Quarker

i dont speack your language.. i used google translate and i think you are asking if i want to fevelope quark... is that right?
  6. 943107729

943107729 Quarker

yes
  7. Yagami

Yagami Quarker

I'm sorry I saw it late
    haha
    Cryptoxic likes this.
  8. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Quarker

Sure.... But i charge to be a dev. I need a monthly salary of 0.6 btc.. And performance bonus every 3 months of 0.3 btc. And for that you will receive daily post and promoting in at least 5 popular and different crypto forums and i would update this forum weekly along with daily stats of mining values in the top 5 mining pools quark is a member of. (Now pay is negotiable but that would be my first offer, you can counter and all offers would be taken into consideration)
  9. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

I understand that other crypto coins pay their developers but in Quark, just like it was in Bitcoin there are all kind of open source contributors that keep Quark as their passion project. As a programmer I'm sure you also have pet projects on which you work with no pay, well if you work on Quark and there were talks about a PoS implementation that would give up developers a 4% reward so eventually this will also benefit you along the way, beside giving you the pleasure of working on something out of your own initiative and more satisfying reward at the end for knowing you've contributed to a open source project.
    Cryptoxic likes this.
  10. 943107729

943107729 Quarker

Are you talking about pay? I don't understand the translation software very well
    Cryptoxic likes this.
  11. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Quarker

yes i was talking about pay. :)
  12. 943107729

943107729 Quarker

But the quark is now facing a major change, and it's not good to talk about it
  13. Cryptoxic

Cryptoxic Quarker

definitely understand where you are coming from.. i contribute to a few. and you are right the ones i truly feel passionate about i do assist for nothing. those I choose to do.. seeing how that person asked me...(which i thought they where just a community member.. like the one fellow trying to sell the domain name, not a team member) And being that i have just recently came into this coin, not to mention the first impression of it and some of the issues dealt with. At this time i could not devote the amout of time described above without some sort of compensation. BUT............ honestly i thought the person that asked me was a scammer.. and was trying to weasel me out of something.. so i just struck first.. :) NOW... i would like to be of assistance when i can. im not that big of an asshole. i do like to help. just would not be able to commit to such a extensive undertaking that i described above. :)
    AceNOLA likes this.
  14. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

thanks, whenever you think you can assist Quark will be great to have you on board ;)
    AceNOLA and Cryptoxic like this.