Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

New User!

Discussion in 'Beginners area' started by AceNOLA, May 8, 2017.

1. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Hello Everyone!

Happy to have a community to knock around ideas and thoughts and all around camaraderie! Like some of you, I assume, I use to be in the mining game with one small rig with four 7950's running round the clock. I mined a little bit of everything, but mostly ran in like hash cow mining pools and sold coins for bitcoin daily etc, etc.

Now, then my demise, I was foolish and jumped down the rabbit hole of the XPY Zenminer experience, and I walked away from the whole cryptocoin experience, till I found this community. I downloaded the wallet and here I am, hoping to have a better experience and all around enjoyable time talking about quark and cryptocoin in general.

Since I left, mining with that rig became obsolete, lol, so atleast I have a decent gaming machine! but I totally look forward to learning about quark, and meeting some new and interesting people along the way!

Good day!
    Dodorama likes this.
  2. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

Welcome!! Welcome to the best cryptocurrency, and crypto community. I've always cpu mined through the quark wallet on my pc or laptop since it was available. I had some good success over the last 3 years mining. Hopefull you are here just in time for some excitement!!
    Dodorama and AceNOLA like this.
  3. AceNOLA

Thank you for the welcome!! It's nice to be back in the "game!" if you will! I don't see why this coin can not do some good things! I hope I timed it right too!

Is there any news on the home front? I will be around poking in and out and giving my two cents where I can!
    Dodorama likes this.
  4. p3ppymon

p3ppymon Quarker

Welcome Ace! The community need some Aces, just like you
    :)
    nightshadeNOLA and AceNOLA like this.
  5. AceNOLA

Thanks !!!!!!!!

Ace.
    nightshadeNOLA likes this.
  6. nightshadeNOLA

nightshadeNOLA Quarker

@p3ppymon Showin' the love!
    AceNOLA likes this.
  7. p3ppymon

p3ppymon Quarker

Always!
    :)
    AceNOLA likes this.
  8. AceNOLA

You wrote this on May 8'th and was so right. Quark is starting to go up, it is exciting, and I am super glad that I found Quark and you guys!

To the moon!

Ace.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017