Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

Objects In Space

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AliceWonder, Jul 30, 2014.

1. AliceWonder

AliceWonder Quarker

That was probably my favorite FireFly episode, though it is hard to really pick a favorite.

Something was said on reddit - that we are just forum names. That made me think of Objects in Space, and it isn't true.

I don't use google+ at all, maybe check my profile there every six or seven weeks. From a technical standpoint, it is fantastic, it really is, but it doesn't have community. Not the community of people I hang with. Oh most of them have accounts there, but they don't ever use their accounts.

It's the people that make the difference, it is the community that makes a network what it is. With de-centralized currency, it is that network of people that the currency belongs to, and it is that network of people that ultimately can determine the fate of the coin.

Granted it has to have a solid foundation and make economic sense, but it has to have community too. Without community it fails.

We are not just forum names.
    We are not just objects in space.

We may have differing expectations, goals, and philosophies but that diversity makes us strong.

I don't mean to put down the person who made that statement, but it was just something I've been thinking about since I read it, and since we have this fantastic new community here, I thought I'd express it here.

We the People. That's what we are.

Cheers.
  2. QuarkPlanet

QuarkPlanet Quark Foundation

What an awesome post- very true, and thank you for the reminder that it is the people that make the difference :D