Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Face of Quark

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ned_Braden, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Ned_Braden

Ned_Braden Quarker

Are we allowed to have an open and honest discussion about the public face of Quark or would it be considered FUD?
    emanyxlove likes this.
  2. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

You can even talk negative about Quark on this forum as long as you don't spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt). Open discussions are also most welcomed.

I'm curious to hear what you have to say about public face of Quark ? Do we need one ? Or a leader ? IMHO this has nothing to do with crypto currencies. If someone wants to promote some decentralized concepts they are free to do so and of course they will have their audience and be considered a part of that `thing` public face but if you personally want to see something so decentralized as Quark succeed you need to either get behind a project or else start a new project that promotes Quark, not by hype but by logical arguments so that newcomers have a solid base to start off with.
    emanyxlove likes this.
  3. Ned_Braden

Ned_Braden Quarker

No, but the issue that the currency faces is that anyone currently seeking information in a public forum is going to run into a problem. There is no public face, but someone has anointed themselves the public face. And that person is the last person new users and adopters should interact with.
  4. Mako

Yes that could be a problem for newcomers if the person has a controversial past but I imagine that for adopters they already know how crypto world works and they just have to ignore and/or expose them to the newcomers..
  5. KevinJones

KevinJones Quarker

+1000000. He is not a newcomer. The guy you speak of has absolutely no leadership abilities and is constantly force-feeding his negative energy and incoherent communication down our throats. He has taken over the reddit and has totally divided the camp. I have zero respect for the guy as he treats people like shit and drives out core members and is actually driving me towards selling off a large holding just so I dont have to deal with his buffoonery. I am not the only one.

Now the guy is using the reddit to gamble 100,000 quarks against bitcoin as if he believes his actions are somehow helping quark achieve its goals.

I cringe everytime I see his posts. It is a red flag and needs to be addressed.
  6. digitalindustry

digitalindustry Quarker

Quark has a lot of leaders not just one ! just pick public voice and support if you want your own leader !
  7. Mako

the other days you were mad that you didn't had good reputation on reddit, so you must be really angry that they won't choose you as their leader ? haha
  8. digitalindustry

digitalindustry Quarker

Yeah that quark reddit is lost cause ! working on a new reddit to replace it just need to skin it some .
  9. Mako

lost cause because they don't like you ? haha
  10. digitalindustry

digitalindustry Quarker

11. Mako

nice, i am mod there btw, its a quark only place thats why we delete your off-topic threads, you can come here for all general discussions ;)
  12. Ned_Braden

Ned_Braden Quarker

And it seems you've put your finger on the issue.
  13. Xactly

Xactly Quarker

New here, and after a 2 year break from mining I decided to give Quark a try. This may be a little lengthy but I think it a good perspective seeing that I'm at day one with Quark. (Especially since this topic never really came to be what it was about)

First off, I haven't mined in roughly two years. (I bailed when the first real ASIC hit the market) I made a few thousand off bitcoin thanks to some early experimenting when it was somewhat new. So why in the world would I jump into a currency I haven't read about nor heard about?

As someone who has ran a major website I understand that 95% of a successful product is getting people to like it. You can't just create the best product in the world and expect everyone to come running without at least showing them your product.

So Quark. It's a cryptocurrency. You just can't spin that in any other direction to make it more or less volatile than any other currency. However, the marketing campaign using all facets of social media was a big one for me. It shows that there is more behind the currency then someone just sitting back and hoping it becomes popular overnight. On top of the marketing drive there is incentives for newcomers, and miners alike.

That's great but unless you can actually spend it on something, what's the point right? So my first thought among arriving here was just that... where can I spend it? Is it only available on an exchange? While not necessarily bad, sometimes I just want a passive miner to pick up a piece of hardware, game, etc. So I looked at available stores where I can use Quark at to purchase new items, while not the best line-up I've ever seen, I think the bases are covered rather well.

As an added bonus the site appears to be well built. There's a few navigation issues I would have cleaned up a bit. For instance, it took me quite a while to figure out where to download the Quark Wallet. Once I figured out everything was located on the forums it became a bit easier, but I personally would have added a "getting started" type page to simplify the process. Someone with no knowledge of cryptocurrency would likely become rather frustrated.

TL;DR
    Marketing + Available stores accepting Quark + Overall site presentation is what brought me here.
    redrick and MacDuro like this.
  14. Mako

Its a work in progress and will try to assemble a welcoming guide for newcomers for this forum and Quark. Thanks very much for the suggestions! If you also have suggestions for new subforums of which topics we don't cover yet please feel free to give your inputs.
    redrick and MacDuro like this.
  15. MacDuro

MacDuro Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Totally agree with you , the mos interesting thing about Quark is that this is not another pump and dump coin , this is a real project to introduce a new an useful crypto to the people .