Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

Quark address not found with quark explorer but is with chain.so ?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by jfdutcher, Jan 12, 2018 at 2:08 PM.

1. jfdutcher

jfdutcher Quarker

I used Virwox to obtain Skrill (Linden Dollars ?), converted that to bitcoin, then to quarkcoin in Jan., 2014.
    If I run Quark-qt I can get it to show an address (of a wallet I presume) and the "label" says
    "From Bitcoin" so I presume that is the purchase I made with the bitcoin.
    But entering the address into a quarkcoin explorer returns 'not found'.
    Yet entering the same address into the "chain.so" a 'general' explorer returns an entry in Litecoin Test,
    empty, no balance.
    Can anyone know why the quarkcoin explorer turns up nothing .......... but "chain.so" does ?
    Why would "chain.so" point to Litecoin Test for the address ?
    To complete my ignorance.... if I go to the bitcoin address where I placed the original purchase
    of bitcoin, and from where I presume to have purchased quarkcoin........ that same address shows
    continuing ''spent" activity forward in time, evolving into dozens of new addresses andhundreds, even thousands of bitcoins.
    How is that possible given I used all my original bitcoin to buy the quarkcoin ?
  2. nuttynoah

nuttynoah Quarker

Try the bitcointalk thread or Slack, certainly sounds strange.