Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quark Blockchain statistics

Discussion in 'Beginners area' started by Mako, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

admin submitted a new resource:

Quark Blockchain statistics - blockchain

Read more about this resource...
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
  2. Doddy

Doddy Quarker

Hey, 1st up, nice forum guys... Introducing myself, I've been buying up a few quark at a time since December after Bill Still's plug on the Keiser report. I work in software development so I'm not a complete noob to computing science but I've been looking at cryptos a lot and still don't understand the more technically advanced side of how they work, but then I don't really care to either. I know what they're for, how to get them and how to use them :)
    Quick question, I've been on bitinfocharts today and although over time the chart looks accurate against my address my actual balance as it stands now is incorrect. Why is that?
  3. Mako

I don't know whats bitinfocharts time interval for updating their stats, but first two blockexplorers from above have about only 1-5 seconds delay, so search your address in there to see the updated balance, or if you want to be even more rigorous you can find out the balance from the core wallet by going to console and input the command listreceivedbyaccount (it will list every address from your wallet with the correct balance)
  4. AliceWonder

AliceWonder Quarker

I really like bitinfocharts, it makes it easy to visually compare how coins are doing against each other.
  5. Doddy

Doddy Quarker

The received amount on bitinfocharts is correct. It is the sent amount which doesn't match up. There were 250 extra qrk added to a transaction where I sent some qrk to an address (not an exchange) via my wallet. The 250 went to a different address which appears to have had one transaction in (this one I'm talking about) and then that 250 was then emptied from the address so it's now at 0. Could it be linked to this issue mentioned recently?
    http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/2chnj2/quark_wallet/
    I'm running the wallet on Windows... Schooboy error? Regardless of the reason this is quite a concern for me. My wallet and the blockchain do not match!
  6. Mako

what does the command listreceivedbyaccount displays in the wallet ?
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  7. Doddy

Doddy Quarker

The listreceivedbyaccount amount displayed matches up 'Received' in bitinfocharts.
    It is the Sent which is different. My wallet says I have not sent as many quark as bitinfocharts says I have in the 'Sent' sum field
  8. Mako

I think there's an error from bitinfocharts part. For example lets say you receive 10 coins with address X, then 5 with address Y; when you send 8 coins your wallet will take the funds from your address X to make the transaction and in your wallet it will display -8 however bitinfocharts might display -10 coins (being split into -8 and a new address of -2). Im not 100% this is what happens in your case without seeing the details but I'm pretty sure this might be the cause for the inconsistency of the spend coins displayed on wallet vs bitincharts
  9. Doddy

Doddy Quarker

10. Mako

yes basically it revolves around the change that it sends to a new address, your wallet will display the correct amoutn sent while bitinfocharts displays the initial amount from your wallet before being split.