Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

Quark Forum new Quarkers giveaways!!

Discussion in 'Quark Promotion (Materials & News)' started by admin, Aug 19, 2014.

1. admin

admin Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian QuarkTalk moderator

Sign up to the new Quark forum with massive giveaways in Quarks by registering and posting your first message on any category you like.

Giveaways will be given as follows:
    • If you're among the first 1,000 registered users you'll receive 100 QRK
    • If you're among the first 10,000 registered users you'll receive 10 QRK
    Don't forget to post your first new message in order to receive the reward! The reward will be sent in few minutes after you post your first message on the forum, you can click Credit in the top right menu to find out your balance in QRK.

Mining Quark with your PC ?

If you are solo mining then you can enter the Mining Jackpot and take a chance at winning tens of thousands of quarks depending on your activity on this forum. If you are an dedicated quarker you could win up to 200,000 quarks.

Be sure to read this guide for mining with your wallet: http://quarktalk.org/resources/mine-with-quark-core-wallet.9/

By using an standard I5 CPU using only 3 cores you'll find a block every 3-4 days depending on the luck you have. When you'll find a block, your wallet will list it the history of transactions and you can take a print screen of that when showing proof.

Tweet alot ?

Make this promotion known to everyone of your twitter followers and win 10 QRK for each retweet you get.

To participate in this promotion your tweet must contain the hashtag: #quarkabit and the link to this promotion. A tweet example would be:
    Once you accumulate lots of retweets from your friends and if you respected the 2 rules then go to this thread and claim your prize: http://www.quarktalk.org/threads/twitter-quarkabit-promotion-claims.126/ Make sure you mention your tweet handle and quark address!

Are you a gaming enthusiast ?

Follow the above promotions, win as much Quark and then head over to learn how to get the Steam vouchers http://quarktalk.cc/threads/steam-vouchers.125/

Shopping with Quark ?

Once you accumulate lots of quarks be sure to visit the merchants that accept Quark as payment method and buy as many things as you wish: http://www.qrk.cc/merchants/
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    wahyu5, Griting, yuy125 and 8 others like this.
  2. QuarkCheck

QuarkCheck Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Sweet, let's tweet it, facebook it and weibo it.. spread the words and let this forum grow ;)
  3. MacDuro

MacDuro Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Agree , we have to colobarate to promote the coin .
  4. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

We could organize giveaways for users that promote on facebook/twitter and then register on forum and complete their social handle with which they promoted it. What do you think ?
  5. MacDuro

Giveaways are good idea and also promote the coin on facebook , but it needs to be a really clear promo explaining what is this since a lot of people doesnt knows what is a a cryptocoin .
  6. Mako

yes, the concept of crypto currencies, although few years old, is still unknown to many people in the world. Is something that could improve all our lives but there is such a staggering amount of data on the internet nowadays that people rarely find relevant info, they mostly search for particular topics and get all their news from social sites.

Twitter has 140 character limit, so its pretty hard to come up with such short promo explaining clearly what crypto is, but we could try. The current promotion of user registration will still be on so I guess we could reward those who can gather many retweets and likes on twitter/facebook.

The campaign on social sites could consist of a standard text that we provide and a link to the forum where more info could be found. The reward could be by the retweets/likes number, say 10 QRK for each. There would also have to be a manual verification and those who wish to claim their reward would simply have to open a thread with their social handles.

I will await more feedback on this before launching it. Thanks!
  7. MacDuro

I think that it's importat to explain people how to easy mine the coin , when you talk to someon about cryptos They use to be interested until you try to explain how to setup a miner , join a poll and all that stuff ... this one can be easy to mine with the wallet and that feature can atract a lot of people looking for "free money" , people that probably will realice that if you want "free money" from cryptos you to get involved in promoting the coin and helping the community grow .

ALso creating a referral program shouldencourage people to promote the Quark all around .
  8. Zeti

Zeti Quarker

Sweet thanks!
    MacDuro likes this.
  9. Mako

twitter promotion added and also a useful tip for gamers on how to get Steam vouchers using Quark! Scroll up to original post for more details!
    MacDuro and Zeti like this.
  10. victor

victor Quarker

Sweet!!
    MacDuro likes this.
  11. TubaMT

TubaMT Quarker

Just about to start to mining Quark again. Not sure why I ever stopped.
  12. Xactly

Xactly Quarker

Been a few years since I've mined. Seems like a good time to start.
  13. ruuin

ruuin Quarker

Hi, I asked this on my "welcome" thread, but I think it's better ask here:

Could I make twitter promotion in both spanish and english language (2 tweets)? I have followers from around the world.

Thanks.
    MacDuro likes this.
  14. Mako

Yes you can but make sure you include the hashtag and the promotion link in the tweet
  15. maxer

maxer Quarker

sweet thanks!
  16. ermolen

ermolen Quarker

Hey, nice board you have here! Someone told me that you can win some quarks posting here so... here I am. :)
  17. canier

canier Quarker

Hi all! Just found this forum and can't wait to start the Buzz about Quark....
    QuarkCheck likes this.
  18. MasterQ

MasterQ Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

in under 1,000 registered, cool!
  19. MasterQ

introduce yourself over at the beginners-area
    :)
    welcome
  20. Swordstone

Swordstone Quarker

Forums look cool, let's see this currency become great :D
  21. Mako

mining promotion has been updated!
    MasterQ likes this.
  22. MasterQ

yay! good luck to everyone
  23. QuarkCheck

Welcome everybody, don't you feel like Christmas is earlier ;)
    Is there any easy way to see currently how many members have registered in total so far?
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    MasterQ likes this.
  24. MasterQ

front page
    Forum Statistics
    Threads:
    Quarkers:
    QuarkCheck likes this.
  25. QuarkCheck

Thank you so much MasterQ ;) That's so cool, we have all the Forum statistic visible there.. Awesome there are plenty time for new quarks to register and get their awesome free quarks...
  26. QuarkCheck

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    Mako likes this.