Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quark interest lately

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by dragonwarrier12, Dec 16, 2015.

1. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

hey, cant help but notice quark getting some buy pressure on btc38 over the last day and a half. approximately $140,000 in Chinese yuan invested. looks like about 40 million quark or so was bought. interesting none the less. . pushing quark up the 'market cap' lists. good to see some buying interest in our coin anyway. :)
  2. Abiky

Abiky Quarker

Yes it is very positive new for Quark indeed. As far as I have seen on the forums, I sometimes wish that Quark would be very active with new updates about it, or something related to it. Most of the topics here are about Bitcoin and it truly lacks real discussion about Quark and its future. I think we need more promotion and users to get into it. This would definitely drive the price up all the way to the moon.
  3. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

Signs of a heartbeat lately. You are correct about lack of updates and discussion. Shaq fu.
    Bitcoin is a hot topic as always here and everywhere, but right now there seems to be a lot of bitcoin "drama" in the news.. our best hope is that people start investing pieces of bitcoin into other cryptos like quark. Usually the heart beat is spurred by Chinese yuan. I think at this low price small investers could easily double or triple their investment just by watching the "market cap" figure. The bottom is at 200k and the out is at 900k currently for quark. If you are into that kind of thing. Quark is fast and cheap.
    AceNOLA likes this.
  4. bleex

bleex Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

The original team has left the project....
    hopefully max guevarra still update the quark wallet
  5. morbius50

morbius50 Quarker

It's a massive shame that quark has been virtually abandoned by the original team. It was attacked by every troll and fud merchant as soon as it started taking off, and they were pretty much free to carry it on without much resistance from "the team". It amazes me that such a great coin could be ditched by Max and team within a couple of years of inception. Why did they even bother in the first place, if their conviction was so weak?, or was the talk of Quark being part of a brave new world just hot air?. If someone with the technical know how to develop Quark further, took the reigns, and actually did something with it. Then i think it could be a major player in the future of cryptocurrencies, and it has the benefit of already has very good distribution. Anyway, rant over, and like i said it's a great pity.:(
    AceNOLA likes this.
  6. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

the mining of an million quarks per year is a good model, why would anyone mess with it? I think talk of changing the technical fundamentals of the coin was wrong from the start and thats why the old team gave up because Max wouldn't give them access to the coin source on github, from which all merchants/exchangers take the code.

Besides, the latest incompatibilities between quark versions created a fork which was as bad advert for the coin anyway, so perhaps in the future it won't be considered wise to still ask for an technical upgrade when there's no need for one. Lets put a bit of trust in the already implemented features that Quark offers and start from there when trying to discuss the coin's possible applications.
    AceNOLA, maxer and dragonwarrier12 like this.
  7. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

i agree, based on the fact that the
    Bitcoin 'community' is full of infighting, they all seem to agree that there is problem with bitcoin, but nobody can agree on how to fix it. quark is better off without all the drama. Let investors figure it out on their own.
    AceNOLA likes this.
  8. dzejmsdin

dzejmsdin Quarker

Is there any community left? Anybody is working on quark?
    I've approached bittrex lately regarding adding quark and received the following answer:

[​IMG]
    Ryan Hentz (Bittrex)

Jan 26, 10:18

Thanks for the request. Our policy is to not comment on whether we will launch coins but we only add coins under active development with high community demand. Please encourage the development team to contact support@bittrex.com.

We gauge demand based off of tweets, hash power, length of bitcointalk thread, volume on other exchanges, etc. Follow us on twitter @bittrexexchange and tweet about how much you like this coin and Bittrex. We respond to creative and insightful posts to help market your favorite coins and Bittrex. I'd also consider coming to our irc channel #bittrex on irc.freenode.net and do some guerrilla marketing. The traders there can help you gain exposure for your coin.

UNQUOTE

We should definitelly get all together and do something ;)
    As far as I remember the only reason of no progress was lack of interest of the devs in cooperation with community...
    AceNOLA likes this.
  9. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

quark seems to be in a slight uptrend over the past 12 months on Quark chinese yuan markets.. i hope it is a good sign
    AceNOLA likes this.
  10. p3ppymon

p3ppymon Quarker

Big exchanges will definitely help a lot. Mining is going up at least!
    AceNOLA likes this.
  11. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Its now June 2017 and Quark has more than a heartbeat. The coin did not die, and is starting to have an upward trend again. Gotta stay positive, look to the future, and not give people a reason to fud.

Ace.
  12. p3ppymon

p3ppymon Quarker

There is too much negativity in the community. Many users still consider devs as scavengers...don't know what to think really...
  13. nuttynoah

nuttynoah Quarker

Try the Slack chat, it's spam and troll free
    AceNOLA likes this.
  14. nightshadeNOLA

nightshadeNOLA Quarker

https://quarkcoin.slack.com/

Is that the link to the active slack channel? Who do we need to contact for invite, or is it open once registered?
    AceNOLA likes this.
  15. AceNOLA

I know that isn't it, but I would love to know what it is! I think what we need is an invitation to the channel to begin with.

Ace.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  16. nightshadeNOLA

nightshadeNOLA Quarker

Are you referencing the crypto community as a whole, or QRK specifically? My impression so far has been very positive here, you being an example of that! :)
    AceNOLA likes this.
  17. nuttynoah

nuttynoah Quarker

nightshadeNOLA and AceNOLA like this.
  18. AceNOLA

19. nightshadeNOLA

nightshadeNOLA Quarker

AceNOLA likes this.
  20. p3ppymon

p3ppymon Quarker

I am referring to this coin specifically (as many others around). Strong allegations in the bitcointalk forum...
    Btw, this is a mono-thematic blog, obviously people here are just spreading the good words.
    AceNOLA likes this.
  21. p3ppymon

p3ppymon Quarker

I will join later as I do not have much time atm...
    ...but thanks for the invitation!
    AceNOLA likes this.