Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

Quark LOGO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AceNOLA, Jan 5, 2018.

?

Should Quark LOGO have a circle around or should it be removed?

Poll closed Thursday at 12:08 AM.
  1. YES, It should be removed. I think it would be more noticeable and will stand out.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. NO, It is perfect just the way it is.

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

It has been brought to my attention that the logo may look more noticeable without the circle around it, any thoughts are welcomed regarding this topic, please vote.

Ace.
    dipu23ex likes this.
  2. nuttynoah

nuttynoah Quarker

Hi Ace, do you mean to keep the light grey circular background but remove the black outer thin circle?
    dipu23ex likes this.
  3. AceNOLA

I think they are both on the table. I will try to update this to reflect that.

Ace.
    dipu23ex likes this.
  4. jossy

jossy Quarker

if it's a good idea to take out the circle and give it a more three-dimensional shape
    dipu23ex likes this.
  5. Darcy

Darcy Quarker

Removing the circular border may make it look a little like ripple. Do we want that? I think the original colour scheme is good, but yes maybe a 3D version would be a good option if done professionally. Good to see creative thinking guys and girls!!
  6. nuttynoah

nuttynoah Quarker

Interesting idea.
  7. AceNOLA

The more I think about this, and a shout out to @Yagami the logo is kind of what people believe in. This coin has never waivered on its ability to shine and I don't think it ever will.

Ace
  8. Manbearpigson

Manbearpigson Quarker

No change please ! Or just contrast and brightness
    Darcy and AceNOLA like this.
  9. bobcostanzas

bobcostanzas Quarker

Nothing wrong with change, definitely boost contrast!
  10. yasinrobin

yasinrobin Quarker

yes very good ideaya..Nothing wrong.
  11. Sub80

Sub80 Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Of the two options, I prefer to keep the original design (it won't let me vote though). Just to play Devil's advocate - I do have another small tweak in mind (just for fun). If I get the change tomorrow night I will try to do a quick mock-up and post it here.
    Sub80
    ldibart and Darcy like this.
  12. Sub80

Sub80 Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Hi all - as promised - here is my just for fun logo ideas (I really like the original designs so I have not drifted far from what is out there).

Sub80

Attached Files:

ldibart likes this.
  13. ldibart

ldibart Quarker

Thats actually not bad ..I am biased to its original though seeings that Quark was my first coin purchased but that will not freak me out keeping me up all night knowing it got an extendo attachment hahahaha.
    Sub80 likes this.
  14. jossy

jossy Quarker

very good ideas .. I think if it goes better
    greetings and luck
    Sub80 likes this.