Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

Quark - London & UK in general - How many of us is there on here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sub80, Jan 4, 2015.

?

Would you consider helping promote Quark and to make Quark more widely accepted by merchants?

1. Yes - I have lots of free time and enthusiasm (I will make time!).

14.3%
  2. Yes - but my time is limited, I will try and help the best I can (depends on how busy I am).

71.4%
  3. No - I would like to help but I really don't have any time spare now - (but I may in the future)

9.5%
  4. No - Not really interested - I have no spare time now or in the future.

4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sub80

Sub80 Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Hi All

I have been working on some Quark related topics over the last few months - user guides, thinking up marketing strategies and PR etc... and I believe I have some good ideas (ideas I will share - but not just yet - nothing can kill a good idea faster than uncontrolled implementation).

For now I a have a simple enquiry:
    How many Quark users/holders are there in the UK and roughly where are we based?

I am asking this question because I would like to know of those Quark users in UK, how many would be willing to work on a marketing and PR campaign? How many Quark users would be willing to meet up with other local and national (and even international) Quark users? How many would be willing to collaborate to build the Quark infrastructure and Quark acceptance in the real world?

I don't need specific names or detail for now (email would be appreciated but not mandatory) - just a general idea of the number people who believe in the Quark concept.

I will start the list with my I.D., general, location and email address after this post. If you are interested in potentially helping build awareness please add on your detail to the list (copy and paste any list/names that may have been added by others previously then add yours underneath).

Thanks Sub80
    PS - if you live outside of UK and still want to help feel free to add your details (we will need your help also with PR in your countries - and it's always good to make new friends). Whilst the idea of this survey is to potentially get people to meet up, discuss ideas/brainstorm, use collective power in marketing/PR/influencing ... I know that people do travel and it would be nice to have the occasional visitor to these shore come along to any meet up - as well as give any tourist some instant friends in a different country.
    -----------------------------------

Quark users - Location - Email (optional) - Message (optional)

1. Sub80 - Greater London (West), UK - sub80qdg@gmail.com - feel free to add me on G+
    AlanER likes this.
  2. DeMeDeu

DeMeDeu Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

DeMeDeu - Slatina City, Olt County, Romania - demedeu@icloud.com - don't hesitate to contact me if in need of something related to quark
    alteregocoins likes this.
  3. Sub80

Hi DeMeDeu

Thanks you for taking the time to write. I will add you to the list.

Sub80

-----------------------------------

1. Sub80 - Greater London (West), UK - sub80qdg@gmail.com - feel free to add me on G+
    2. DeMeDeu - Slatina City, Olt County, Romania - demedeu@icloud.com - don't hesitate to contact me if in need of something related to quark
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  4. alteregocoins

alteregocoins Quarker

Canada!
    thetallone and DeMeDeu like this.
  5. Sub80

Come on guys - I can't be the only Quark user in the UK (can I)?

If is really the case it doesn't matter if we have 100 real world merchants accepting tomorrow - I don't have enough Quarks to spend at even a 10th of the venues.

Don't be shy - say hello - I won't rob you, I just want to get Quarkers networking and working together to bring faster adoption whilst having a few drinks and a laugh :)

Sub80
    Non - UK Quarker still also welcome :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. DeMeDeu - Slatina City, Olt County, Romania - demedeu@icloud.com - don't hesitate to contact me if in need of something related to quark
    3. alteregocoins - Canada
  6. nemetato

nemetato Quarker

Sorry mate Portugal here lol
    alteregocoins and Sub80 like this.
  7. bronevik

bronevik Quarker

Well, its been a while since the last update.

I'm from Moscow, Russia. You could contact me at bugspirit0@gmail.com
    nemetato likes this.
  8. Sub80

Thank Nametato and Bronevik.

I'm still here - just busy building a portfolio of UK merchants who willing to accept Quarks (at least for a initial trial period) at the moment so don't get to come on the site as much. I have added you to the list. :)

Sub80
    ---------------
    Quark users -
    Location - Email (optional) - Message (optional)

4. Nametato - Portugal
    5. Bronevik - Moscow. Russia - bugspirit0@gmail.com
    nemetato and alteregocoins like this.
  9. Tyke

Tyke Quarker

Tyke UK :D I have a book planned for Quark

[​IMG]
    bronevik likes this.
  10. bleex

bleex Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

11. mr001

mr001 Quarker

Hi,
    here is mr001 from Germany/Austria/Hungary
    zoltan.laszlo.web (at) gmail.com
  12. Sub80

Portfolio of businesses willing to accept crypto (at least on a trail basis) is growing promisingly - unfortunately I'm not sure if there is enough traction on Quark :( The forums seem to be dead.

I am updating this list - hopefully people can update me on any news they have.

Sub80

---

4. Nametato - Portugal
    5. Bronevik - Moscow. Russia - bugspirit0@gmail.com
    6. Tyke - UK
    7. Bleex, France - https://twitter.com/izibliz .... / ..... http://quark-francophone.blogspot.ch
    8. mr001 - Germany/Austria/Hungary - zoltan.laszlo.web@gmail.com
  13. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

14. Jim904

Jim904 Quarker

I'd very much like to help in promoting Quark to ensure it's massive and worldwide adoption, depending on my time though. But is it for only quakers in UK because am a Nigerian.?

If there is any way I can help, am always available to help.
    AceNOLA likes this.
  15. Yagami

Yagami Quarker

Hello, my friend, I'm promoting quarks in China
    Jim904 likes this.
  16. Jim904

Jim904 Quarker

That's great. Continue with the evangelism on Quark in China. Am also doing it here in Nigeria.
  17. Yagami

Yagami Quarker

I started a blog and kept updating it
    I believe that long-term persistence will be effective
  18. nuttynoah

nuttynoah Quarker

Hi Jim904, welcome to the community.
    Yes, you can help. We need all hands on deck right now. Head over to the Slack chat or bitcointalk thread. At the moment it's about getting Quark listed on more exchanges. The more people we have sending in requests to the exchanges the better.
    AceNOLA likes this.