Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

Quarktalk balance vs Quark wallet balance

Discussion in 'Beginners area' started by mancoon, Sep 6, 2014.

1. mancoon

mancoon Quarker

Hello fellow quarkers,
    I recently got in the whole quark business because of the reddit ad. I may not fully understand the whole cryptocurrency thing yet but I can say I'm technically proficient enough to make some transactions, mine e.t.c.

I 've read most of the documentation but for the life of me I can't figure out something regarding the site. The page says that I currently have 502 quarks yet there's nothing in my wallet. I have my wallet address set up in my account settings of course. When I try to transfer funds from this page to my wallet address it says that the transaction is successful yet the balance doesn't change in both the wallet and my quarktalk account.

I may be missing something quite basic and I though I could figure this out myself in a couple of days but it's been almost a week by now... Please halp
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    MacDuro likes this.
  2. CDoyle

CDoyle Quarker

iram313099 and MacDuro like this.
  3. mancoon

mancoon Quarker

Jamochlon and MacDuro like this.
  4. CDoyle

CDoyle Quarker

I am about as new as you are, is your wallet in sync?
    MacDuro likes this.
  5. mancoon

mancoon Quarker

Yes, but it has no quarks in it. I'm trying to transfer quark coins from the site to the wallet but it doesn't work.
    MacDuro likes this.
  6. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

Hi, sorry for the lack of information on this. The forum is not linked with your quark wallet therefore you can't transfer the quarks into your wallet by yourself, the system will do that for you between 14th-17th of each month. This is only a measure for spammers so that they don't abuse the reward system.

If you participate in the mining promotion we will send you the quarks directly to your found block address, however the rewards based on your activity on the forum will be sent automatically each month, only then you'll receive your quarks into the wallet.

Hope this clears it up. Let me know if you need any further clarification.
    Jamochlon and ando0osiv like this.
  7. mancoon

mancoon Quarker

Thanks for the info! Why do you have a transfer option in the forum though? Is it going to be implemented later?
    Jamochlon likes this.
  8. Mako

actually the transfer function works but only between users of the forum, it is not registered on the Quark blockchain so you can't use a Quark address in there. I will make a test transfer now to your account, you can find the details by clicking Credit(top-right menu) and then selecting List Transactions, or simply by going here: http://quarktalk.org/credits/transactions (you need to be logged in)

If you want to send quarks to someone else on this forum you can click Transfer and in the Receiver field type the username that is registered on this forum.

Thanks for bringing this matter up, a future newbie guide will have to include this info.
    Jamochlon and ando0osiv like this.
  9. mancoon

mancoon Quarker

Ok now it makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up (and for the 5 qrk :p).

BTW I love the design and the usability of your webpage, one of the main reasons I signed up other than quarking of course :p
  10. Mako

Thanks! Quark is just a currency like USD but its in our collective control not in the government's, its giving us the power to control money, however this forum reward function is bound to be abused thats why only the system is allowed to send the payout to your Quark wallet, from inside the wallet you're free to transfer them anywhere on the globe(no country restrictions), to any friends, relatives or organizations(no restrictions, see wikileaks) with no fees and with instant coverage so its a great new technology and we're here to promote it by spreading it to those that want to emancipate themselves.
    Jamochlon, ando0osiv and mancoon like this.
  11. Horizon

Horizon Quarker

So where are these quarks coming from?
  12. Mako

They are released by the miners which try to find them by solving complex proof of work. In Quark thats about 1 qrk every 30 seconds. I suggest you do an extensive read on crypto currencies, bitcoin and read also the Quark introduction: http://quarktalk.org/resources/quark-en.6/
    Jamochlon likes this.