Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Require some basic Info.

Discussion in 'Mining' started by Horizon, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Horizon

Horizon Quarker

SOOOOO! I'm almost done loading all the block adresses, I have an encrypted wallet and adress specifically for this forum.

Now how do I put my I7 4770 to good use?

By the way, I came from the reddit ad. Is there anything I need to know beyond new users?
    Extra edit!: What is a quark worth? Is there any reason for me to late adopt it? Who accepts quark/trades quark?
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  2. Horizon

Horizon Quarker

Since I didn't get any help on my other thread...

[SOOOOO! I'm almost done loading all the block adresses, I have an encrypted wallet and adress specifically for this forum.

Now how do I put my I7 4770 to good use?

By the way, I came from the reddit ad. Is there anything I need to know beyond new users?
    Extra edit!: What is a quark worth? Is there any reason for me to late adopt it? Who accepts quark/trades quark?]

Simply put, i'd just like to know a few key things.

-How much is a quark worth?
    -How much can my pc generate, and how fast? (Intel I7)
    -Is there anything important you feel I should know?
    -Would it be worth dedicating a few servers to running mining ops, instead of renting them out?
  3. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

4. Horizon

Horizon Quarker

5. Horizon

Horizon Quarker

6. Mako

-Quark is worth $0.006 : http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/quark/#markets

-Depends, difficulty re-targets every 20 blocks but normally you can get 1 qrk each 2-3 days depending on how many cores you allocate

- Don't invest in quark with money that you can't afford to lose, don't invest at all in Quark with money but instead try to bring value in Quark, by mining by getting involved in projects etc, it is a crypto currency and its worth more as more people are using it and where you can use it, see http://www.qrk.cc/merchants/

- worth in terms of profit, not much, but Quark network will be safer if you dedicate even a small portion of your mining capabilities. With the current mining promotion you also get 100 qrk for every block you find and there is a chance of a huge jackpot on christmas if more people show interest.
  7. Mako

Don't start mining until the blockchain is fully downloaded.
  8. Horizon

Horizon Quarker

Its fully downloaded. What now?

My internet is 1GBPS, 100MPBS max loss.
    I have an Intel I7 4790 3.6 GHZ
    Active ram is 64 GB.
  9. Mako

Well start quarking :) please read above advices, to start mining there is an easy guide in the resources area. Good luck!
  10. Horizon

Horizon Quarker

The resource isn't very comprehensive. The thing is, how will I know if i've mined anything, or if its begun even? How long will it take to get 1 block?
  11. Mako

Sorry, I am trying to get more poeple involved build a better Resource tutorials, but meanwhile we have real life jobs and we can't spend an enormous time to get everything done so fast.

To see if you're mining use the command: getmininginfo

It should display something like this:
    Code:
    {
    "blocks" : 1253074,
    "currentblocksize" : 1226,
    "currentblocktx" : 1,
    "difficulty" : 1.74313757,
    "errors" : "",
    "genproclimit" : 3,
    "networkhashps" : 224172081,
    "pooledtx" : 1,
    "testnet" : false,
    "generate" : true,
    "hashespersec" : 67465
    }
    "hashespersec" : is what you're looking for, if you mine it should display your mining power
  12. Horizon

Horizon Quarker

what will 87829 do for me?
  13. Mako

Btw Im using the 0.9 version thats why the difficulty and networkhashps are so messed up :)
  14. Mako

You'll have to try and see, but with the network difficulty so low you should find 1 block each 1-2 day or more, depending on your luck
  15. Horizon

Horizon Quarker

Don't even know what that means XD.

I bumped it up to 4 cores and its going at nearly 200k.
    With this speed, what can I get?
    Also: What does 1 block get me?
  16. Mako

read some other topics from this section, I asked those who found blocks to give details and you can get an approximation from there.

Another advice is not to exaggerate with mining, use it at minimum so that you can do other activities on your PC.
  17. Horizon

Horizon Quarker

Okay, last 2 things.

1: This is a spare computer I just booted to try this out.
    2: How will I know if i've suceeded?
  18. Mako

don't worry, ask as many things you don't understand, Im here to help when available, but please try to read the other threads as well, you'll get more info that way. If you'll do that you'll notice from the users printscreens that a new transaction occurs when you find a block, will have a label Mined and just near it will have the address to which the reward will go and to which the extra reward from the mining promotion will be sent as well. Once you find a block, make a print screen, copy the address by right click->Copy address and paste them here to receive the extra reward.
  19. Horizon

Horizon Quarker

Thanks!