Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running a Quark Full Node

Discussion in 'Beginners area' started by admin, Jul 30, 2014.

1. admin

admin Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian QuarkTalk moderator

admin submitted a new resource:

Running a Quark Full Node - Quark Full Node

Read more about this resource...
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    MasterQ, goroj84, DarGarCor and 3 others like this.
  2. Ned_Braden

Ned_Braden Quarker

So THIS is why the blockchain is so slow...
  3. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

not exactly, there are lots of full nodes connected, but of course you could still help the network by opening the Quark port and leaving Quark wallet opened in background(use Settings->Options->Window->check both boxes->apply)
  4. bleex

bleex Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

I just achieved to open the 11973 port
    but is it dangerous for my pc security ? (linux)
    another question : is it usefull to have for example two wallets on 2 differents PCs? (with the same IP)

and does solo mining with the wallet will affect the "quality" of full node ?
  5. Dodorama

Dodorama Quarker

There is only one risk when openning a port, DDOS.
    DDOS can freeze your computer (few seconds) and will make your connection less fast
    you can't have problems with data or any things like.
    i won't answer the others questions because i can't :b
  6. Dodorama

Dodorama Quarker

Is for you, the "quality" so important. why do you want to make a full node, just to participate to quark network or for a local network. i don't know if mining will affect the node but if you're running a full node to participate to the quark network there is no problems with mining.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  7. bleex

its just to participate
    I think about install wallet with port opened (full node) on friends Pcs but I think it's too risky for them

I plan to create a local group for "troc" (it's the french word, I dont know english transaction...)
    it will be services or objects exchanges for free, and it could be great il I could integrate Quark as a point reward system
  8. Dodorama

Dodorama Quarker

if it's for a local group, why don't you do a testnet where the nodes aren't connected to quark network but only with your friends ?
    bleex likes this.
  9. bleex

I prefer they contribute to the good health of quark

some ideas :

for example, I rent a vacuum cleaner for 5000 quarks per day (9 usd)
    and if I do solo mining
    a quark mined could be a "super quark"
    let's say it would worth 5000 quarks

So it would be advantageous to install the quark wallet and do some solo mining

if people dont want to install the wallet they just could use the android wallet
    or I could create a forum with a point reward system
  10. Dodorama

Dodorama Quarker

i have got the android wallet and downloading the blockchain is not very easy (must restart wallet a lot of time).
    running a full node is not a problem, you can't receive quarks or send ect. without the quark wallet.
    normally the quark wallet opens automatically the port via upnp so don't worry about that.
  11. Dodorama

Dodorama Quarker

And how do you know if the quark have been mined or not.
    how one mined quark can worth 5000 quarks?
  12. bleex

I will verify with a screenshot or blockchain explorer...

the 5000 qrk value is just an example
    it's just for motivate people to install the wallet and solo mining
  13. Dodorama

Dodorama Quarker

you can make them download the quark wallet there is no "real" risks, running a full node, the same and mining there is no real risks again.
  14. RadomGod

RadomGod Quarker

I find very difficult to download any working Quark Wallet. It is ridiculous. Not even here. It is only 1 link to mega upload. No download here nor github/Quark.
  15. bleex

I'm running a full node on an old Asus laptop
    linux mint, win 32 quark wallet with wine
    56 connections
    it is working fine