Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaq-Fu: a Legend Reborn Video Game to use Quark as in-game currency.

Discussion in 'Games & Apps' started by QuarkPlanet, Sep 14, 2014.

1. QuarkPlanet

QuarkPlanet Quark Foundation

The Quark Community is anxiously awaiting the release of Shaquille O'Neal's latest video game, Shaq-Fu: a Legend Reborn. Official Website HERE:
    [​IMG]

In April 2014, the Quark community successfully launched a thunderclap campaign with over 6, 000, 000 social reach in support of the crowdfunding campaign for the game.

This support helped big Deez meet their Indiegogo crowdfunding goal, enabling the game to be released on consoles, and also allowing fans to play a role in creating the game:

As a result of our support of the fundraiser, it was announced that the "Quark Power Gauntlet" will be created as a power-up feature in the game!
    And...
    It has also been announced by the game Developers @ Big-Deez Productions that Quark will be used as currency within the game!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We are anxiously awaiting the release of this game in 2015- Stay tuned for announcements!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    Jamochlon, hhao and Carol like this.
  2. QuarkPlanet

Here is a link to a news release video I "commissioned" , from one of the Trello Boards:
    https://trello.com/c/dflUT31J

Please check it out, and I was wondering if we could get it made to a You-tube video for a promotional release at the right time?

@Mako, @MacDuro (or anyone!) I couldn't figure out a way to attach the video file here directly, Is there a way to do this? (Also when I click the "more options" button, it links me back to "reply to thread").
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    hhao likes this.
  3. MasterQ

MasterQ Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

This is very exciting,
    i want to believe trading ingame items for quark could ROI the cost of the game! LMAO
    gg lets make this coin shine like bitcoin :)
    hhao and Carol like this.
  4. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

QuarkPlanet, try to archive the videos and upload the .zip file here, videos can't be uploaded directly unlike pictures.
    hhao and Carol like this.
  5. Abell

Abell Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

hhao, HonorFace and Carol like this.
  6. QuarkPlanet

@Mako, thanks for the tip, I was having trouble with the pics also but figured it out once I looked at your comment:D
    hhao likes this.
  7. Mako

I think some are putting too much hope into this game. I doubt they'll accept to implement a payment reward based on quark. They are most likely looking for suggestions on game play, maybe they'll insert a quark logo somewhere in the game but thats it, just something on surface nothing serious like taking or making payments in quark so that gamers can purchase new powers or extend their life etc. I wouldn't rely on this game for adoption unless Shaq Fu himself puts it out there that he uses Quark...
    hhao and HonorFace like this.
  8. QuarkPlanet

Well If they don't, it will be a broken promise:
    From their official Facebook page:
    [​IMG]

So the plan announced was for acceptance of Quark for the "Quark Power Gauntlet" power up glove.
    Were you not aware of the announcements @Mako, or just skeptical?
    It is possible that your statement will become the reality, but I hope not-
    If they look at Quark and see a fast and secure medium of exchange, and how our community supported them, they will hopefully keep their promise..

By the way, here is the new Official Shaq Fu Website, I will update the OP with more info...
    http://www.alegendreborn.com
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    hhao, MasterQ and HonorFace like this.
  9. QuarkPlanet

Also @ Mako don't forget... Shaq will be tweeting to his 8,000, 000 followers about Quark, so this is bound to bring some attention this way!
  10. QuarkCheck

QuarkCheck Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Agree and Yeah, at some stage, we need to discuss to have a representative to contact them when will that perk be delivered...
  11. HonorFace

HonorFace Quarker

This is great news! Sounds like now is the time to be buying quarks. Just that jump in interest from a celebrity type spokesperson who has many ears listening ought to cause a little spike in price and usage I would think.
    hhao likes this.
  12. MasterQ

MasterQ Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

The only reason i would buy it is to play with quarks in game.
    This is great
    hhao likes this.
  13. Mako

I agree, it will be huge but only if the main man actually uses quarks so that when people will ask why are you promoting Quark, his answer won't be simply because I promised but because this this and that..
    hhao likes this.