Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

Solo mining proof !

Discussion in 'Mining' started by DeMeDeu, Sep 9, 2014.

1. DeMeDeu

DeMeDeu Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

[​IMG]

Finally my first mined coin. After almost 3 days of mining.

Address : QcZwfwsQBeV9foCcUXGbTM1NYgotYoUjQx
  2. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

3. DeMeDeu

Well now i have a question. The I type 'getmininginfo' i get about 72 khash/s when mining on wallet with 'AMD Phenom II X4 2.6GHz' on all the four cores. I have nothing else opened that might use CPU. Isn't the speed too low, o I am just paranoid ?
  4. Mako

it would be better to keep the mining at a minimum like if you have 4 cores in total, only mine with 1 or 2 at most, irelevant of the mining speed that you obtain. I understand that you wish to take advantage of the promotion but its better to do things resonably than trying too hard and expecting too much. Its all about luck in the end because even with 10K/s you could find a block but you would have to be very very lucky of course.

Take it easy ;)
  5. DeMeDeu

till now i used only 2 cores but i am curious about the job that 4 cores do.
  6. Mako

yes its interesting, for example I'm mining with 3 cores from 8 and I get about 150Khps but if I use another 3 cores I will only get to max 230K so it won't double in productivity. If I use max 8 it will get to 280K so thats why I leave it at minimum of 3 because I get the best productivity while also being able to do whatever i want on the computer. Using 6 or 8 cores it makes things alot harder and the mining performances gains don't grow so much.
  7. DeMeDeu

Understood. You are using intel ? I think intel has greater hashrates than AMD at the same clock. I mean you on 3 cores have 150k and i on 4 cores have 73~74. It means i get 18.5 kh per core and you get ~50 per core. Like 3 cores of mine do a little better than 1 of your cores. Strange...
  8. Mako

Yes Intel i7-2600K 3.40 GHz. I have no idea why there's that difference but I heard AMDs are better than Intel for mining, don't know why its reversed in this case..
  9. DeMeDeu

I have hit another quark ! :D So happy !

QeX4Tjiqpv8oTdP2pAmp7zAp95GgR7rAE5
  10. Mako

11. DeMeDeu

Well there i have hit another block !

Here is the adress : QU7vNdx17CG8BbeyN4QhZ1AnJAsJnJZZfa
  12. Mako

13. DeMeDeu

Hit a new one :D !

QdryChJnqSHo31nqWwgSj92RLgBcTXoG1g
  14. Mako

15. DeMeDeu

Another one : QRQ9kmYhBYGxbckfDZgZJTFoPk6w1qB9tu

I have took your advice and now I'm mining on only 1 core and they are still coming.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  16. Mako

17. DeMeDeu

Well last day i was a goddamn lucky bastard ! Hit 3 blocks !

QX6uK2Dgj9g8tUmHX4wECQni6TVRCweXMY
    QbY2UQPdAKq9UQTSd7oHnbiCWFNJJ6iuBi
    QhkKS6xxHfbEhpv7WRGNWcEfVsm137GESb
  18. Mako

19. DeMeDeu

After almost 3 days of non-stop mining I have found another block. Slow but steady.

QfiDTtTKTA9bH5iog8Lnw416yBTwkwwYPC
  20. Mako