Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solo mining

Discussion in 'Mining' started by bitdraw, Aug 21, 2014.

1. bitdraw

bitdraw Quarker

is it still possible or profitable to mine quark solo. if not, what pools can u recommend?
  2. Mako

Mako Quark Supporter Staff Member QuarkTalk Custodian

its only the question of probability. Mining Quark is not profitable anymore be it by solo or pool mining, however keeping your wallet open with 1 CPU for mining is the best you can do to help Quark network. I also run a promotion by solo mining with your wallet so you get 100QRK for each block you found, see here: http://quarktalk.cc/threads/quark-forum-new-quarkers-giveaways.104/
  3. bitdraw

bitdraw Quarker

ok, i might use 1 core for quark. whats the estimated avg time until you find a block per hash?
  4. Mako

probably with 10Khps you'll find a block every 4 days in average, could be more could be less depending on luck but if you're going to use only 1 core then you can leave the wallet open and still be able to do any work or watch movies etc so there are no downsides and the energy consumed is less than few cents per month so I would say its worth it just for keeping Quark network safe, if by luck you also encounter a block and proof it on this forum then you'll also earn 100 Qrk extra
  5. Fab

Fab Quarker

How much is the block reward ?
  6. Mako

Hi Fab, block reward will never drop below 1 QRK, and there are around 3000 blocks found each day ;)
  7. Fab

Fab Quarker

Thanks for this lightning fast answer ;)
  8. setulas

setulas Quarker

Hi , i am new in this coin mining . In my wallet i enabled mining on 4 threads ( AMD Phenom 1090 T occ to 3,7 GHz ) what is possible rate of finding quarkcoins and is there allways 1 quarkcoin when block is found ( hashespersec" : 102346 )?
    Best regards
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  9. setulas

setulas Quarker

Hi again just to say that i got 1 quarkcoin allready after maybe 30 min of mining.