Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble Accessing My Quark

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conor, May 24, 2017.

1. Conor

Conor Quarker

Hello Quark Community,

I invested heavily in quark in 2013 upon the recommendation of Bill Still and unfortunately lost a lot of money. I did not sell the quark I bought so I am trying to access them again. I have a wallet.dat file from my original wallet and I have downloaded the wallet from this website - http://www.qrknet.info (Mac Version).

I have let the wallet sync so it is up to date, and I have clicked the "File", "URI" tab to try and open the wallet.dat file. Upon doing so I get an error code saying: "...wallet.dat is too large (81920 bytes allowed 50000 bytes).

I do not know if I am doing the right process. If there is anyone who knows what the problem is, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

Attached Files:

2. Conor

Conor Quarker

Got it working. Admin please delete this post.
  3. w924

w924 Quarker

Hi Conor, I did same
  4. w924

w924 Quarker

Hi Conor. , i have similar story re Bill Still except I did not invest heavily but, selling nearly all my bitcoin to buy them lol. When the price dropped i bought a few more back in 2013 and shortly thereafter wrote them off as dead.

Got the shock of my life when I saw Quark listed on www.coinmarketcap.com and gaining heavily on bitcoin the other day. i then remembered seeing Bill Still talking about his embarrassing Quark experience and the crypto guy he was interviewing at the time told him that Quark is still alive.

I am yet to get my Quarks to show up in my wallet, however I do have my wallet nu,mber / account number, so I guess my first step,is to see if my balance shows up in the explorer tool and then go from there?

Any advice appreciated.

What is going on with QRk? What has happened to see this resurgence?

Things look crazy right now!

Cheers
    Steve
  5. CypherFish

CypherFish Quarker

BTC dominance has ended, the top spot is up for grabs, as is the #10 and #100.