Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Important! Due to Quark protocol changing to a POW/POS in the future, the mobile wallet users should start transfering their coins from the mobile app to a supported wallet.

Trouble Accessing My Quark

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conor, May 24, 2017.

1. Conor

Conor Quarker

Hello Quark Community,

I invested heavily in quark in 2013 upon the recommendation of Bill Still and unfortunately lost a lot of money. I did not sell the quark I bought so I am trying to access them again. I have a wallet.dat file from my original wallet and I have downloaded the wallet from this website - http://www.qrknet.info (Mac Version).

I have let the wallet sync so it is up to date, and I have clicked the "File", "URI" tab to try and open the wallet.dat file. Upon doing so I get an error code saying: "...wallet.dat is too large (81920 bytes allowed 50000 bytes).

I do not know if I am doing the right process. If there is anyone who knows what the problem is, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

Attached Files:

2. Conor

Conor Quarker

Got it working. Admin please delete this post.
  3. w924

w924 Quarker

Hi Conor, I did same
  4. w924

w924 Quarker

Hi Conor. , i have similar story re Bill Still except I did not invest heavily but, selling nearly all my bitcoin to buy them lol. When the price dropped i bought a few more back in 2013 and shortly thereafter wrote them off as dead.

Got the shock of my life when I saw Quark listed on www.coinmarketcap.com and gaining heavily on bitcoin the other day. i then remembered seeing Bill Still talking about his embarrassing Quark experience and the crypto guy he was interviewing at the time told him that Quark is still alive.

I am yet to get my Quarks to show up in my wallet, however I do have my wallet nu,mber / account number, so I guess my first step,is to see if my balance shows up in the explorer tool and then go from there?

Any advice appreciated.

What is going on with QRk? What has happened to see this resurgence?

Things look crazy right now!

Cheers
    Steve
  5. CypherFish

CypherFish Quarker

BTC dominance has ended, the top spot is up for grabs, as is the #10 and #100.
  6. Evie

Evie Quarker

I have a 9.2.4.64 bit wallet.
    I have tried to send quarkcoin to Cryptopia
    The coins left my wallet but nothing arrived at Cryptopia.
    I have a lot of coins which I wanted to try and spend some.
    I have tried sending to another person and nothing is showing on blockchain. My wallet has lots of active connections. Have I lost all my coins? I have purchased so many over the years.
  7. Thule

Thule Quarker

8. Ben

Ben Quarker

How did you get it working, Conor? I have basically the same problem except I am using the new Windows wallet that I downloaded and synced, and am trying to apply my old backup file to it. When I use the URI tab and point it to my backup file I get the error message: "Payment request cannot be parsed or processed"
    Any help from anyone in the community would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
  9. Evie

Evie Quarker

I got a family member to help me. They downloaded the new wallet onto their laptop and took the data file from the old wallet. I'll ask them for you and will try to reply soon. I got all my coins back.
  10. Ben

Ben Quarker

Thanks, Evie. I'd appreciate that.
  11. Evie

Evie Quarker

Sorry for taking so long to get back. All I can tell you how it was done was the new wallet was downloaded onto a different laptop as my own laptop would not allow me to upgrade the wallet (like you do with other crypto wallets).
    It took 2-3 days to download wallet. They then copied and pasted in the old data file and restored all the coins. I was able to then send then. Sorry not to be more helpful.
  12. Ben

Ben Quarker

Thanks for that, Evie
    I've done much the same thing. Downloaded the new wallet to a different computer and synced it. But when
    I try to copy my old backup .dat file to the file folder containing the new wallet, I get an error message that says "payment request cannot be read or processed. This can be caused by an invalid payment request file."
    I've downloaded and tried a few different wallet versions now but always get the same error message when trying to copy/paste in the backup file.
    Can anyone else help with this ??
    Thanks.
  13. Ben

Ben Quarker

Evie, since restoring your wallet are you now able to send and receive quark ok?
  14. Conor

Conor Quarker

You need to take your old wallet.dat file and put it in place of the wallet.dat file that is in the new wallet. Hopefully this video might help you:

AceNOLA likes this.
  15. Evie

Evie Quarker

Yes I was able to send coins to Btc38 and sell them. I haven't tried receiving coins. I am not technical and my knowledge is quite basic. I bought the coins years ago on the recommendation of Bill Still. I still have coins left in my wallet.
    AceNOLA likes this.
  16. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Glad you could get it taken care of.

Ace.
    Evie likes this.
  17. Ben

Ben Quarker

Thank you so much for that link, Conor.
    I now have all my quark back.
    Cheers.
    Evie and AceNOLA like this.
  18. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Thast awesome Ben! Glad it worked out!!!

Ace