Welcome to Quark Community

Quark is an open source software used mainly as a digital currency that employs multiple cryptographic algorithms, which unlike fiat/national currencies provides the platform for a decentralised monetary system.

Quark was launched in 2013 with the belief that the control of money should not be in the hands of the few, but in the hands of the many. This forum tries to build on that ideology by distributing Quarks in the hands of those that are active in the community. By posting quality articles and contributing to general discussions you will earn Quarks.

1. Important!

Quark protocol has been changed to a POW/POS hybrid. The hard fork will take effect starting with block 4937000 ~ 25 November 2017. By that time make sure you run at least version 0.10.6.1

To download the wallet for the latest version go here:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/categories/downloads.2/

Wallet Miner

Discussion in 'Mining' started by AceNOLA, May 10, 2017.

1. AceNOLA

AceNOLA Quarkmod Staff Member QuarkTalk moderator

Any word from anyone here regaurding solo wallet mining and the difficulty at which it finds a block? It found some coins yesterday, and for 18 hours or so now, it has found one coin.

Any thoughts?

Ace
    mario000011 likes this.
  2. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

thats pretty average. Some days i will get 1 or 2 or 3. Other times maybe a week or more between blocks.. i had pretty good success over the last couple weeks.. i have mined maybe a thousand blocks in the past couple years.. not getring rich. Im just trying to do something to help quark.
    AceNOLA likes this.
  3. AceNOLA

I certainly don't mind mining the coin... its only through my wallet, and i have two machines doing some work... would love to see some Quark here and there though! I'm gonna stick around and see what happens.. Looks like there could be some good news on the horizon but only time will tell. Having a community to talk and share thoughts is nice though.

Ace.
  4. tmoneybig

tmoneybig Quarker

Is there anyway to get a visual while solo mining?
  5. AceNOLA

What do you mean?

Ace.
  6. dragonwarrier12

dragonwarrier12 Quarker

You can type getmininginfo in the console command box and it will show your hash/sec and other info...setgenerate true means you are mining
    AceNOLA likes this.
  7. AceNOLA

Thanks for the help Dragon!

^^

Ace.
  8. tmoneybig

tmoneybig Quarker

okay. Well ive been mining for 3 days and im averaging 125 coins a day. Is that good?
  9. Dodorama

Dodorama Quarker

Okay i finally understood, you're probably not on the right fork. Do you have the last quark version ? check the version if it's superior to 0.10.*.* it's okay but if it isn't download the lastest from github https://github.com/quark-project/quark/releases
    monoblocco likes this.
  10. p3ppymon

p3ppymon Quarker

For CPU:
    Is it better to solo mine or pool mine?
  11. Dodorama

Dodorama Quarker

Ahah, it depends on the actual difficulty, today i would recommend you to pool mine. However select carefully your pool to keep the percentage of the total under 51%. Total mining power is shown by your quark wallet or you can also see more information on a blockchain explorer
  12. p3ppymon

p3ppymon Quarker

I truly believe that GPU miners are not considering AT ALL mining quarks! Even not in their remote dreams
  13. Dodorama

Dodorama Quarker

14. p3ppymon

p3ppymon Quarker

15. Dodorama

Dodorama Quarker

with a gtx 750 ti i'm at 4 MH/S and a friend of mine is a 16MH/S with a gtx 1050/1060/1070 (i forgot which one precisely)

then for the throughput, it depends on the difficulty, when the full network is at 1GH/S we can get up together to 3 blocks per hour, when the network is at 500MH/S we can get up to 7-8 blocks per hour.
  16. supersausage007

supersausage007 Quarker

Hi Everyone,

I am still new to this and I feel I am still doing something wrong. I have been 24h CPU mining on three different (Win7 64bit 8GB RAM) machines for the last 5 days (2 solo, 1 pool on e2-pool), and the total Quark Coin yield is 4.2 Quarks. All three machines have i7 architecture.

A friend of mine has been mining on a Mac for 2.5 days now, yielding 72 QuarkCoins so far. He has a 5 year old i5 Mac, 4GB of RAM.

I have searched for quite some time to try and improve my rate, but no success. E.g.

1) Official QuarkCoin Mining Guide:
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/quark-wallet-configuration-file-information.28/

2)
    Quark Speed Mining Guide: https://quarktalk.cc/threads/quark-cpu-miner-win64.1064/
    This guide links to a download location of a more efficient miner, however this link only gets to a promotional QuickOffer site with an endless loop of questions. Does the file still exist, if so would it be possible to update the link?

3) Broken link: also the original referenced link to the config file tutorial is referenced as
    https://quarktalk.org/resources/quark-wallet-configuration-file-information.28/

when it should be
    https://quarktalk.cc/resources/quark-wallet-configuration-file-information.28/

Just a little something I noticed ;)

Any thoughts would be most welcome, and many thanks in advance!
    S
    AceNOLA likes this.
  17. AceNOLA

Ok, mining for quark right now seems to be tough, unless on an accidental fork. My money is on that your friend is mining some hard forked non quark. Read the forums a bit on this topic, I will edit this post as soon as I find which thread i am looking for. You may want to mine for Quark on a pool for now, as single miners hare having a hard time finding a block right now. In fact, just look above your post to see some info regarding this topic, I'll try to update soon.

Ace.
    supersausage007 likes this.
  18. Freedom

Freedom Quarker

I bought a Baikal miner off of ebay for cheap and I mine Quark with it . They work good.
    AceNOLA and supersausage007 like this.
  19. supersausage007

supersausage007 Quarker

Hi @Freedom,

I know about the Baikal miners, but unfortunately they seem to be sold out everywhere. Do you have any hints what would be the best way to acquire one for testing?

Thanks in advance!
    S
    AceNOLA likes this.
  20. Freedom

Freedom Quarker

I was just looking at what you said. I was surprised ! The prices have gone up and they are sold out everywhere. Even the mini miner! The price has doubled and they are sold out. They were on sale for only 300 dollars a couple of months ago. I bought mine for 200 dollars from a guy on e-bay that was mining for Dash. The difficulty mining Dash was so high the miner wasn't worth it anymore to him. But it worked great for mining some Quark. Trust me I have got my money back on it already. Now Quark difficulty is coming up but my miner is still mining. A lot of people were saying the Baikal miner wasn't any good but that is not true. My miner works great no problems. So I have no idea where to get one now. Sorry about that. Just keep a look out for one is all I can tell you.
    AceNOLA and supersausage007 like this.